FLATLINERS is an all new racing experience, combining visceral, rapid first-person platforming with a toolkit of old-school weaponry; tweaked for traversal. Players will run, jump and blast their way through levels in this spiritual shout-out to some of the most defining shooters and platformers of the last twenty years.
You will assume the role of one of a swathe of radical racers as you fight for the fastest times and most stylish replays. Bunny-hopping and rocket-jumping are the most efficient methods of movement in this fragile world. It will be up to you to decide how to break it best.
- Gotta Go Fast - A Flatliner's primary focus is speed. It's the player’s objective to use the tools and environment given to beat a level from A to B as fast as possible. The fast, stylish experience was inspired by trick-jumping communities that usually came with a sharp learning curve. We reviewed these experiences, and came back with another that was instantly gratifying for new players, with some subtle tricks for the old ones. Strafe-jumping and careful movement will allow you to quickly build up momentum, propelling yourself into the new age!
- Tricks & Tools - FLATLINERS will equip the player with a growing selection of tools and techniques to master. Gain and maintain a great deal of momentum from each of your jumps. Add some rocket power to your jumps to send yourself soaring into the air; soaring some brand of curious cyborg bird.
- Explore & Exploit - The opportunities to save time are everywhere. Short-cuts and crafty navigation will open ways to completing levels most people may never notice. The future may be bright, but there’s something dark and strange about this weird world.
- Compete Against The Globe - When you finish a level, you can upload your time to our servers to prove your efforts against everyone else’s. You’ll be able to download someone else's time, and play them in the game offline. Study the route they took and analyse what tricks they used to optimise their route.
- A Bumpin' Soundtrack - The future is bright. It's also pretty noisy. Triple Ox's very own associate beat-maker and notorious nerd emcee MOOSECAKE has stepped forward to craft a tribal ensemble of neon tinted grooves and vomiting bass-lines to help you wave and rave to glory. Groovy.
We are Triple Ox Games, a team of 7 from Manchester. FLATLINERS started as a University project in September 2014. After the amount of positive comments we decided to give the alpha demo away on IndieDB in February, when we reached the top 100 list we knew we had to make this into what we wanted it to be. We have been developing Flatliners alongside our University degree for the past 9 months. We have only recently been able to focus on development full time. In that time we have managed to accomplish a lot! So far we have reached the Microsoft Imagine Cup UK Finals and exhibited at Insomnia, Wales Comic Con and other events around the country. We would love to hear what you all think, feel free to play the pre-alpha demo for free right here (Demo Link)
Thanks for voting and helping FLATLINERS: Race at the Speed of Life on it's quest to become the 2016 Indie of the Year. You are now in with a chance to score some free games. Help this game secure more votes by embedding the widget (or link) we have included below on your favorite sites.
Don't forget to check out (and vote) for other amazing games in contention. Here are some recommendations:
With booths from publishers, studios and independent developers, the Exhibition Hall at Insomnia was ram-packed with awesome games to play including upcoming titles, new releases, and recently launched favorites.
We had a blast checking out the awesome projects on show, why not show your support by tracking the games and downloading the demos.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
*THIS VERSION STORES GHOST PROFILES, TO DELETE GHOST FILES LOCATE IN GAME FOLDER AND DELETE '#No#.XML'* A first person speedrunner, screengrab your fastest...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.