Amazing this was a great mod with everything you could want from a cs as well as a emphasis on scares and atmosphere which are brought out by the sounds and music. There are unfortunately a few small issues that prevent me from giving it a 10:
- lack of story: still there but most of the time it feels like i was just wandering around dark hallways completing random puzzles
- Content/ lack of originality: For a full conversion mod i expect more than just a new light source, a few custom items, a cool launcher and new sounds and music (which can be put in even a normal cs). The levels were nice but fairly bland and the atmosphere never changed so i always knew what to expect and most of the scares, puzzles and environments were almost exactly like those of the original game. I simply expected a bit more creativity
- Boredom. I usually don't get bored playing horror games but because of the stuff listed up before,as well as the fact that this was one of the longer amnesia mods, near the end of the mod it seemed like i was just going through the motion and i wasn't engaged any more and just wanted it to end
Overall this is still a creepy, scary mod but i warn it does lack some originality in most departments but it's redeeming qualities(WHICH ARE MAINLY THE ATMOSPHERE AND SCARES) are better so i give this a 9
Very good the story in this mod is almost none existent but everything comes together in the end. The environments are original and well deigned and the atmosphere and scares are well placed and original.
This is a really cool mod that was well made and had some good features and unique scares more people should notice this mod because its really good
A gem in amnesia this mod (and part 2) feature some really cool elements that have never been done before in amnesia (no spoilers) There is also a solid story and good puzzles. The only reason i don't giver this a 10 is because
1. Got stuck way to may times not knowing what to do
2. Almost no scares or atmosphere
still a great refreshing twist on amnesia and i recommend trying it
Far and away the scariest mod out there. The lighting as well as the music and sounds as well as the atmosphere all worked together top make an unbelievably terrifying gameplay experience. This is the only amnesia mod that has made me stop to compose myself frequently. The monsters were scary and well made as well as the well placed jumpscares and the detailed environments all contributed as well.
And this is very good but the reason i gave this a 9 instead of a 10 is because it seemed that in an attempt to create a horrifying experience all around, a few key elements were either lacking or missing completely. These issues were:
- lack of story(just enough for the game to make sense but nothing really concrete also the three endings were all bad and seemed rushed
- Bugs: had to exit and go back many times due to map bugs, stuff not spawning or breaking the game
- Maps were big which is usually good but they never gave me clues as to where stuff was so it took a lot of random wandering before i could figure out what to do
- lack of mementos or notes
Overall this was still a great mod and i recommend it especially for any elite amnesia players. It would probably been one of my favorites if the mod was a bit more complete Still awesome though
There's reason this mod won the cs contest. Everything about this mod was made with detail and originality. This story really got my immersed in the story.
The voice acting was also very good and the puzzles and maps were good and original. I did find it a bit short though
just because the creator is a d*ck doesn't mean this mod is good. the lack of reaction to critique is what it made 2 points but since the mod is actually good and you can see there has been work put in, it is a good mod!
so in my opinion if you just care for the game you should not care too much for the creator although not with this type of behaviour
A simple dressed up native, but it has potential, but also a very long way to go. The chat box doesn’t work making me miss important messages like being out of food for example. Troop moral is crap and runs out faster then moochers on a once rich guy. A lack of any real battles outside of looters means a massive lack in cash, meaning can’t afford to replace the troops that run out on you because you can’t afford to get enough food. So many things need to be balanced that its hard to play past level 8. One day this will be great but for now its just another native
It's an 8/10 for now, but might change it in the future depending on the work being done.
There's a lot of stuff I like, and some I don't.
The models/textures are amazing, that's a big part of the score.
But that's also the only "real" thing I feel like stands out, in terms of uniqueness, and there's a lot of things I'd love to see improved:
The map. It's a good base, but it really needs some detail/smoothing.
Colors. Some of the recolors are a bit... fancy. Maybe saturate them a bit. Same thing goes for the recolored map icons - they need new textures.
Scenes - I know it's being worked on, and I like the previews I've seen so far, but 2.4 still has too many medieval scenes for an antiquity modification.
Anyhow, just a few pointers, overall, very impressed, and very much looking forward to future versions.
This is one of the more innovative mods I've seen yet for Warband. The combat is definitely something new, and the increased recruiting makes fielding large armies much more streamlined. I feel like this mod has a LOT of potential, but I do have a few problems with it as it stands currently:
1. Grenades need a massive buff - a few of them don't even do damage, and the rest do minimal at best.
2. The texture loading errors are INCREDIBLY aggravating - having to alt-tab every time a battle ends to get rid of an error popup is kind of silly.
3. Troops with machine guns seem to have issues, I've noticed that Swazi infantry have a tendency to come down with stormtrooper syndrome.
As I said, the mod seems like it has a ton of potential, and despite the bugs/ issues it's still a ton of fun. I would highly recommend giving it a try for anyone who has even a passing curiosity.