A great mod for Victoria II but with a little more ambition on the choices given to the player and new events for the differents nations it could become perfect.
I give it a 10/10 for encouraging his creator to continu his awsome work till the perfection.
PS : sorry for the grammar faults, I am fench so my english is not perfect neither.
I've been using the C4 engine for about two years now. The market for game engines certainly has changed a lot during that time, and I've also looked at the big names that are selling their engines for peanuts these days, but I always keep coming back to C4. There are a lot of reasons why this engine is such a great choice:
- Performance. C4 is highly optimized and runs very well even on legacy hardware.
- Stability. C4 is rock solid, it rarely crashes during design and run time, and those rare cases usually are due to some bugs in the GPU drivers of Nvidia and AMD and not the engine itself.
- Clean code. The engine's structure is well organized and consistent. This will reflect in your game code.
- Open source. With a license for C4 you'll have access to the complete source code.
- Support. C4's community is very friendly and helpful. In addition, Eric Lengyel (the author of C4) is present on the forums daily and will answer tricky questions, usually within hours.
- Functionality. C4 has a tons of features, some of which aren't apparent at first sight (and not marketed aggressively). It has a nice graphical shader editor, a very performant mechanism for indirect lighting called "radiosity space", a full suite of CSG tools, an out-of-the-box implementation for infinite oceans, impostors and much, much more.
- Cross-platform. C4 runs on all desktop OSs (and by the way has been available for Linux for years now), and an iOS version is coming soon.
- Price. With the new licensing model for version 4.0, the engine is just $88 per year. No royalties. And if you don't extend your subscription, your still allowed to use the engine and publish games with it.
Admittedly, C4's user interface looks a little dated, and the engine is currently lacking some graphical features like HDR (which is being worked on), but that shouldn't trick you into believing C4 isn't capable. Game development is hard, even if some big names seem to claim that you just have to buy some ready-made assets and stick them together with some scripting, but it doesn't work like that. If you're doing anything more involved than Tappy Chicken you will have to roll up your sleeves and get coding. And an engine that won't let you run into a wall at some point is much more important than a shiny user interface.
With the new pricing there is no excuse not to try C4 and see for yourself why this is such a great engine!
The maze game concept is taken to a whole new level. You get dropped into a cave and must find your way out, only to be greeted with a much larger maze on the surface, with multiple levels. Go around collecting the map pieces to reveal the way out. If only it were that simple. There are robots who will do anything they can to keep you from doing so. There is no death thankfully, but you are instead seamlessly teleported back to the checkpoint for another attempt.
At this point the mod is good, one of the few gunpowder mods that support functions like multiple ranks, fire at command, ect. There is a nice variety of weapons and armour. What I found unsatisfying is that the firearms have basically the same stats and price. A little variety would be nice. Also the implementation of cannons would be really great. Good luck!
It's more than just a game, it's an experience. A vast, almost unending (no pun intended) universe filled with content, great faction AI, simple but functional graphics and interface and a polished feel make this a must-play for any space games fan.
9/10 simply because there is no sound and ship animations can be a bit weird as they turn, but let's not forget that this game is not even in Beta.
From being a small time crook to running an empire, this game offers everything you might want. And it will get even better, I'm sure about that.
i don't love beacoause it caca i don't like the caca beacause it franch its beageste cacacacac caca cacca cacacacaccaca ca cacac acac acacac jvclksfv f zd dqsfc ssd qQ FDD DFCQDFCSDCQX la mouche est un insecte qui vit dans les zones sales c'est pourquoi mr propre
I have only played a few hours and so far the Game has a lot of potential, but is still very much a work in progress.
This game has a great engine, the terrain works really well. Looks nice and digging out dirt leaves stone in waves and realistic ways.
The Mobs need a lot of better animation.
Sound needs work.
Movement is fine however the caves are a bit quirky often you can get stuck in low ceilings.
Crafting system is quite standard. I hope to see some improvements to set it apart from others and reduce micromanagement.
Overall good, but wait a little longer if you want a game that is more complete. But if you like a crafting building game with a little more realism definitely worth a look.
Try the demo first and make up your own mind.
I have never experienced such an immersive, realistic, life-defining game. This game captures what its like to be epileptic with amazing graphics better than any next-gen console game. I would EASILY pay $50 for this game and I feel absolutely BLESSED that I got to play it for free!
1/10 is too damm high for this custom story.
Bad story, awuful level design, very bad terrain design. You have to learn basic things. It's probably inclusion but it seems you're like: "dsajh lets create scary mod for amnesia hahahah *derp face*"
You are not going to read all those reviews anyway, aren't you?
Great and unique game! I love being able to plan and create my very own flying vessels - every single part from specific weaponry to the sailor's sleeping chamber to the ships armor - everything is left to your choice. You can build small, fast ships or brutal, slow behemoths starring of cannons and guns - it's up to you to decide, and it's enormously funny to experiment with the different possibilities. I'm totally looking forward to the next updates! Great game, and the best buy you can do for 5 bucks.
this game looks like it has potential, so i decided to check it out. Unfortunately its current state is far from what I have expected. I cannot say that this is alpha, its more a pre alpha. Nothing works very well in this game, and the game really starts to annoy me after playing it for a few mintes.
maybe I change my opinion and my vote in the future, but I cannot recommend the game in its current state. I would be very angry if I had paid money for this game.