Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists!
Welcome to the next-to-last release candidate before we go public with Empyrion Alpha 6.0! At least this is very likely - due to your ongoing effort of reporting bugs and breaking our release candidates! :D
Said that, we want to again thank all of you for your patience. We know that our community keeps asking when 6.0 will go live, although it should be hardly surprising that a version that offers so many game changers, needs a lot of detail work ahead of the public release - and maybe also some post-release.
If everything goes according to our plan, we will announce the release date of Alpha 6.0 end of this week / this weekend.
RC3 being a bug fixing & polishing update, we tried to improve the FPS drops happening with large vessels. As a consequence, we had to redo the way how some of the physics collider work. Let us know if the FPS are back to “normal” when flying large vessels (please note that we are still working on a way to fix the FPS drops when changing blocks on a very large vessel).
As this is a critical part of the so called ‘lagshot fix’ and is related to a lot of other game elements, we would like you to test if you find issues with the current solution!
One word about Scenarios: If you wonder where you could find a preview pic for your scenarios workshop page, you might find the answer in #7 in our FAQ: Empyriononline.com
Or plain and simple: Put a file named preview.jpg with the dimensions of max 1280*720 pixel in your Scenario main folder (please hide all “unfinished or work-in-progress scenarios). We are looking forward to see the workshop populated with lots of awesome scenarios soon!
While you’re at it, have a look at the change list - you might find some interesting changes down there - and do not forget to report remaining, new and old issues in our dedicated bug thread over here: Empyriononline.com
Have fun playing! :)
Empyrion Dev Team
Changelog: Alpha Experimental 6.0.13 (Build 1044)
Physics Collider Update:
- Enabling physics collider only when somebody is controlling the ship (+ disabling detailed mesh colliders in this case)
- Updated physics collider calculation
POI Regeneration Update:
- Now using fixed time after a player touched a POI
- Added log outputs + console cmd 'ents' outputs for better debugging and testing
- When restarting server, regenerate timer is not reseted
- Removed regenerate tag from buried POIs in yaml. Note: please do not set regenerate tag to buried POIs (because terrain cannot be changed around them)
Visuals and Sounds:
- Adapted HUD marker colors according to enemy status: alien core = red, same or allied faction = green, same origin = orange)
- Tracer improvements to not "overshoot" target, ie tracers do not go through hull blocks anymore
- Added mechanoid robot to replace old turret robot
- Added better model for base attack drones (WIP)
- Added better marker on radar ring for waypoint
- Added new afro haircut (male / female) and short beard
- Tweaked motorbike sound: lower pitch
- Updated models of tomato plant and pumpkin plant
- Added new particles to all thrusters (visually very similar but optimized regarding performance)
- Updated Status Effects icons
- Adapted LODs of bushes on Akua (billboards come in later)
- Tweaked particle effect on Multitool (made it wider)
- Control Panel: added list with ammo overview + Fill All button
- Added default setting Akua-Omicron as multiplayer setting (set as default scenario in dedicated.yaml)
- Base attack drones have now more hit points but are slower
- Added more crashed buried ships to more playfields
- Escape Pod: now you need to go into godmode to leave a flying escape pod
- Re-activated "Dangerous Space" mission (now with visiting Trading Stations)
- Updated scenarios
- Added drone base to Aitis Orbit
- Added separate playfield for Skillon Orbit
- Tweaked weapon range of some NPCs (ignore Atmo reduction now)
- Tweaked template of large windows (reduced input needed)
- Implemented new interactive setup mode for collider area ('preview' mode) of sensors and NPC spawners
- Max Prefab Size Class: not limiting any more and setting 0 in dedicated.yaml as 'no limit'
- Added destroyed versions of concrete blocks
- Added better description for night vision goggles
- Console cmd: Added abbreviation to itemmenu (im) and teleport (tt)
- Console cmd: when cmd has abbreviation, show it when using “help”
- Now outputting message when somebody drills at a protected block
- Show message "cannot fire this weapon on a planet" not on turrets wanting to fire
- Added button in PDA window to see Briefing again
- Added persistent way to display PDA complete messages: Chapter complete messages now also displayed in chat
- (WIP) New version of New Game Menu and Choose Starter Planet Windows
- Loading Scenario Preview Pictures (temporarily: Load Default Scenario Picture for Select Starter Planet Window)
- Adjustments to Control Panel Main Page
- Adjusted "Static Tooltip" to be fixed position/width, only expand height (eg Multitool)
- Chat Window: Reduced drop-shadow size
- Lerping Fuel, Oxygen and Warp Tank values when filled
- Coloring Size Class number in red if above class 5 in Blueprint Window and other windows
- Adapted Highlight and Text in PDA Window to match Device List/Control Panel
- Added missing Loc Keys for Map/Sector Map Windows
- Tweaked size of icons in ESC menu
- Fixed: Large Ship movement FPS and overall movement FPS drop
- Fixed: Extreme loss of FPS when up righten CV in orbit with O-key
- Fixed: Problem with flying HV
- Fixed: Regeneration of POI triggers even though not near
- Fixed: Sensors cannot send signals to PDA anymore in MP
- Fixed: Error when shooting down a drone in HV
- Fixed: Drones dive into / fly in water
- Fixed: Planet Vessel always goes directly to the survival/wreckage POI's & hovers at them when core is destroyed.
- Fixed: Leaving the game while falling down in Escape Pod stuck the client
- Fixed: Drones acting weird and sometimes don't hit vessel
- Fixed: POI regenerate does not trigger visible for Client
- Fixed: Sometimes drones climb high in sky when attacking
- Fixed: PDA needs to ignore the instance hashtags
- Fixed: NPC enemies do not reliable see you and attack.
- Fixed: CP/Accessing container does not remember open page
- Fixed: Control Panel - Device List: Exception when having something in “Search Filter” and exit game
- Fixed: Troops Transport falls through drone base on resume game
- Fixed: Signal values not read correctly from savegame (led to problems with levers saved in ON state)
- Fixed: Can not walk through regular doors in front/behind of a slope
- Fixed: Front flare of motorbike shining through player
- Fixed: Power display goes negative when switching devices on and off via SIGNAL
- Fixed: PDA window does not get updated properly when using console cmd
- Fixed: PDA window shows old progress state after re-login even if player file has been deleted in MP
- Fixed: Problems with some (growing) plants
- Fixed: PDA ActivateChapterOnCompletion can be tricked
- Fixed: PDA menu: Error when click on Show Briefing button while a task is selected (and not a chapter)
- Fixed: Error when in an enemy base and being attacked
- Fixed: Error when loading an RC1 savegame
- Fixed: PDA: InventoryEmptied does not work for Personal Container
- Possible fix for SV getting teleported with player out of closed instance
- Fixed: Instance: Restrict To Origin does not respect the default one
- Fixed: Control Panel: Selecting a Spawner in an old Blueprint lead to Error
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2 with POI regeneration, POI spawning update, more GUI polishing and many more...
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 1 with improved POI / resource distribution, GUI polishing, visual and sounds improvements...
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part V with huge farming update, fully functional NPC traders, Workshop functionality update, control...
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part IV with Workshop integration of scenarios, civilian NPCs, NPC spawner update, signal logic update...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.