Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists,
The Alpha 6 release was a huge success: the Empyrion community has significantly increased in numbers and we also hit a new all-time high of 6859 players online simultaneously. That’s awesome!
So don’t let us waste too much of your playing time then...what’s new in Alpha 6.1?
The update fixes a couple of issues like the plant dying bug, food perishing bug, blueprint-Workshop issues, mech robots shooting through walls, deco not always removed from POIs, jetpack and other sounds being heard over the whole playfield and a few other nasty buggers.
We also added standard spotlights for CV as well as angled spotlights for all vessels! The motorbike will now fold to a “power save mode” after 5 minutes if not used (just pick it up as before and place again) for performance reasons...and for another, yet undisclosed reason ;-) In 6.1 we also added new destroyed blocks, a new enclosed cockpit and a few adjustments to game features, for example the chat.
On a side note, because we’ve seen a lot of feedback on this topic: In A6.1.1 (which is not far away) we plan to change the way how no build zones in regenerate areas behave. So you do not lose your vessel in that area anymore.
We would like to remind all server providers that fulfill certain criteria to apply for our “Trusted Server” label: Empyriononline.com
As a trusted server, you will be shown in blue color in the Server Browser and players can filter for official and trusted servers by enabling checkbox "Hide standard servers".
Crashes on Game Start:
For those of you who experience crashes when starting the game (before you get to the main menu), we might have a fix: You need to start Empyrion with a batch file that you can download here: Dropbox.com
- Copy the batch file into the Steam folder where you have installed your game (e.g. D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival) and execute it
- The batch file starts Empyrion in a mode where Workshop data is loaded only when needed, i.e. when you first enter the New Game menu or the Blueprint Library
For all other Crashes-to-Desktop (CtD), Game-Freezes and related issue, please check this thread at first: Empyriononline.com
Please report all gameplay bugs found in Alpha 6.1 over here: Empyriononline.com
Thanks a lot!
Empyrion Dev Team
Changelog: Alpha 6.1.0 (Build 1094)
- Added new cockpit
- Added spotlight slope block
- Added spotlight blocks for CVs
- Added new destroyed hull blocks + updated existing ones
- Added "folded" version of Motorbike: Motorbike will convert into this "energy-save" mode after 5 minutes if placed on terrain and not used (note: idle motorbikes that just stand around are very "expensive" in terms of performance)
Visuals / Sounds:
- Tweaked sounds of drones, vessel weapons and base weapons, as well as NPCs so that they are not heard anymore over the whole playfield
- Replaced drop container, bag and backpack with better models (say goodbye to the old Samsonite suitcase)
- Updated GUI for Terrain Placeables (O2 Generator, H2 Generator, Autominer, etc)
- Updated and improved in-game chat
- Drop Containers now immediately de-spawn when emptied
- "Back" button in container windows is disabled if player does not have faction access to a structure
- Repairing AI Planet Vessel when it returns to its docking platform
- Added info to planet description (Akua) that there is a tutorial
- Removed water bottle from PDA task
- Added proper preview pic for Dead Plant (large) and Dead Plant (small)
- Better console command description for 'remoteex'
- Added better description to Motorbike
- Renamed raptor into dinosaur
- Adapted start equipment on all starting planets (eg Survival Constructor in inventory): What do you think about this change?
- Growing Plot is now airtight
- Updated PDA: Huntsmen Akua
- Removed collision for Akua berry bush and other bushes.
- Fixed: Problem when subscribing multiple Blueprints with same title from Workshop
- Fixed: Error when uploading Workshop item to workshop in certain situations
- Fixed: Deco / grass not removed from POIs in certain situations
- Fixed: Owner of Faction is shown as "Member" for other members of the faction
- Fixed: Can not promote member beyond member
- Fixed: Traders falling through ground on planets in certain situations
- Fixed: Mech NPC can sometimes get stuck on some blocks & shoot through blocks when stuck on them
- Fixed: Mech and Zirax NPC shoot through hull blocks in certain situations
- Fixed: Exploit when changing faction (or gaining access to any device) of another player's structure using Lock Code
- Fixed: Sector map shows wrong lines / arrows in conjunction with allow|deny control
- Fixed: Deactivating Vessel per Y button leads to instant-perish-drop/spoil of food in fridges (MP)
- Fixed: Plants randomly dying related to adding & removing blocks, devices or plants of other bases in the same playfield
- Fixed: Can not damage/destroy blocks of a downed PV
- Fixed: Patrol Vessels is sometimes indestructible (MP)
- Fixed: Player collider is sticking through thin walls / windows when looking down and thus NPC can shoot you through the wall
- Fixed: When in the same playfield as other players jetpack & motorcycle sounds can be heard from far away
- Fixed: Problem that autominer removed terrain when placed
- Fixed: Escape pod isn't accessible in some places.
- Fixed: Removing a Landing Gear T2 from a SV returns a Landing Gear T1
- Fixed: NPC sound can be heard from far away (MP)
- Fixed: Regeneration Exploit Grief
- Fixed: Error spam when player dies in certain situations
- Fixed: Promote/Demote buttons not showing correctly after Promoting/Demoting in Faction Window
- Fixed: Radiation Pills: Health is noted twice in the info popup
- Fixed: Player inventory (TAB) shows "body temperature" in °C although set to °F
- Fixed: Dead Plant could be placed on normal hull blocks (now it can only be placed in Growing Plots)
- Fixed: Repair Bay and Ventilator missing airtight block info
- Fixed: Exception in Menu Tab Selection Window (support email: #F4279)
- Fixed: Error when manually completing PDA jobs while chapter is deactivated (support email: #A76BB)
- Fixed: Several issues, missing faces / damage states with destroyed blocks
- Fixed: Chat input field is stripping out characters
- Fixed: Looping messages in server logs
- Fixed: Several other internal exceptions found in output logs sent in by our players
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 6.0. By far the biggest update since Empyrion has launched into Early Access 2015.
Eleon Game Studios reveals release date of Alpha 6.0: June 7, 2017 Release Candidate 4.1 and 4.2 pushed to Exp branch on Steam
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 4 with regeneration update, POI update and many bug fixes. This will be the last...
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 3 with new mechanoid robot, new base attack drones, improved performance and many...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.