Empyrion - Galactic Survival is a 3D open world space sandbox survival adventure. Build mighty ships, menacing space stations and vast planetary settlements to explore, conquer or exploit a variety of different planets and the allegedly empty space! Fight human, alien and biological hazards and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers - on your own or with your friends.
The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. Empyrion is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.
Detailed Game Features:
An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: warp between planets, fly from planet to moons, land on planets and freely walk around to explore your surroundings. Discover the secrets of the Aliens and tangle with the native fauna and flora. A sandbox full of different, vivid planets waiting for you to explore!
The solar system is procedurally generated and features several planets and POIs. Each planet has its own characteristics (planet type, gravity, atmosphere, number of moons, terrain, surface, vegetation, climate, and resources).
Build large capital vessels, small fighters or exceptional space and planetary bases by yourself - or download a blueprint from the Steam Workshop and customize it with your very own ideas of form and function!
Get out of your escape pod, grab what's left from your ship and prepare to survive in a hostile environment. Food and oxygen are rare, resources are scarce, ammo is low and dangers lurk around each and every corner. Keep your eyes open. You need to be well prepared if you want to survive more than a day on an alien planet far away from Earth.
Just build and make your crazy dreams come true, without having to bother with food, resources or enemies. Join the Creative Community and upload your creations to the Steam Workshop!
Play as a lone wolf in singleplayer or join the multiplayer community: Make yourself a comfortable home in a well-protected PvE area or pick up some friends, head out and beat the permanent dangers of PvP planets to ransack their riches or conquer the solar system with your faction.
Don't get mislead by the peaceful fauna of some planets and the silence in space. Most of the animal wildlife wants to snack on your leg - and aggressive robot drones, alien soldiers and their guardians will try to hunt you down as soon as you are within sight. Watch your six and deploy a range of weapons for your defence.
For building and construction, you need to gather and mine resources. Dig down to the rich deposits of a planet or drill through an asteroid full of rare ore. You might also plunder alien buildings or scrap any structure you come across.
Learn how to combine resources and building materials to craft your equipment. Craft your stuff in your base or while you are on the move and equip your buildings and vessels with a range of different devices, weapons and gadgets for different purposes.
Grow your own vegetables and fruits or hunt creatures for their meat to prepare yourself a delicious meal. Some plants help to create medical supplies while others can be picked up and consumed for first aid or to quickly settle your empty stomach.
Do whatever you want - and gain experience points for doing so! Scrap that old stuff and use the points to unlock those shiny new devices in the Techtree.
Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain: flatten it for your planetary station, dig holes to find resources or build a tunnel system to protect yourself. Empyrion is a true sandbox game!
Hi Galactic Survivalists,
To sweeten the waiting time for Alpha 10, we decided to release Alpha 9.5 from the A9 branch with some goodies such as armored SV/HV cockpits, a new planet, an advanced game start for experienced players, bug fixes and more.
In addition, we are still working on preparing the code for the Unity 2018 upgrade. Unfortunately, it takes more time than expected.
For bug reports, please visit: Empyriononline.com
Emp Dev Team
CHANGELOG: Alpha 9.5.0 (Build 2294)
New Armored Cockpits (SV / HV):
- Added armored cockpits for SV / HV that have much higher hitpoints than standard cockpits
- Armored cockpits can be upgraded from standard cockpits
Re-Balanced SV/HV Cockpits and other Cockpit Tweaks:
- Slightly increased Hitpoints of most standard Cockpits
- Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of both Open Cockpits considerably
- Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of standard Closed Cockpit 05 to match size/block count relative to the others
- Do not display old legacy cockpits anymore
- Added max count of 2 for SV/HV cockpits (per group) - only active if enabled in gameoptions.yaml
- Updated model of Cockpit 3 (less frames to have better visibility)
- Added new Ocean Planet
Start in wreckage base with advanced equipment and no Tutorial (Robinson Protocol)
> for experienced player who do not need the tutorial and who want to progress faster
- Added Wreckage POI instead of JunkT2 so player has already a base earlier in game (only on Temperate Planet - Escape Pod start)
- When Robinson Protocol is skipped, the player gets Portable Constructor, Motorbike and Detector
- Added more info about starter planets in New Game Menu
- Reduced amount of Crushed Stone needed to obtain Iron, Copper, Silicon Ore in Constructor
- Added more rock resources in starter biomes to easier obtain Crushed Stone
- Zirax POI is now sufficiently far away from JunkT2 / Wreckage
- More code preparations for Unity 2018 upgrade
- Removed CPU Points from main page of Control Panel (now CPU Points are only displayed in Statistics window): It seems that some players were irritated by the prominent place CPU points had in the control panel.
- Adapted info text in gameoptions_example.yaml to make clear that CPU Points is WIP
- Decreased energy consumption of CC / CE (BACV: CC = 10PU. CE = 3PU, SVHV: CC = 3PU, CE = 1PU)
- Updated terrain of moon playfields
- Renamed "Body Temperature" into "Suit Temperature"
- Added energy need for "Wireless Connection"
- Added new (non-craftable) items for Trading:
AlienOrganism, AncientRelics, Fertilizer, Leather, Liquors, LuxuryGoods, Narcotics, Optronics, RawDiamond, Robotics, ToxicWaste
(items not yet used for traders in the Vanilla version but you can already use them for your custom scenarios)
- Sun is now less flat to have better lighting in Creative Mode > Orbit
- Added new yaml parameter "PlanetClass" which can be used to not display PDA chapters if multiple planets of the same type are available (see TemperateStarter and TemperateStarter2)
- Exchanged PlantMonster with Creepy in PDA (Akua-Omicron Scenario)
Updated PDA Robinson Protocol:
- Better integrated Wreckage into PDA Robinson Protocol
- Updated information given for some PDA Info descriptions (e.g. Vessel building description)
- Crushed Stone now also completes rock mining
- Added references to Empyriopedia (Doctors Journal, Biologist Guide) in appropriate places
- Removed info-reference about arid playfield in temperate playfield Robinson Protocol mission
- Fixed: Not possible to add blocks to a starter block placed on a Base surface
- Fixed: Troop transporters constantly attacking player base
- Fixed: Backpack sync exploit
- Fixed: Creative Mode: cannot access POI after replacing NPC type core
- Fixed: Mining rocks did not give XP
- Fixed: Container Scrollbar cache makes smaller containers first rows sometimes inaccessible
- Fixed: Survival tent destroyed when dropped and when picked up with inventory full
- Fixed: Dropping Antenna Blocks did not give back any devices
- Fixed: Problem that all devices displayed mass of 2kg in Control Panel
- Fixed: Problem that MoonNascent playfield was always the same (fixed seed)
- Fixed: Problem that under POI texture was changing between Forest and DeepForest on Temperate Planets
- Fixed: Problem that lava fog was activated in all Lava playfields
- Fixed: Colliders too wide on 2 sector map buttons
Eleon Game Studios releases Alpha 9.4.1 with important bug fixes and a Sneak Preview of Alpha 10.
Eleon Game Studio releases Alpha 9.3 with updated AI, new creatures, bug fixes and other improvements.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (6 agree) 8/10
Excellent sci-fi survival that is quite polished and fun even at this stage of Early Access. I hope they will concentrate on single player aswell, since i have no interests in multiplayer.
Jun 7 2017 by LW-Games