Presenting to you! Afraid of Monsters: Dark Assistance Beta!
Download it here:
You play as David Leatherhoff, an addict of a PCP like drug. Your hallucinations, the dark assistance, helps you out. You can play in Single Player or Co-op.
What is new?
- AoM:DA is built on the AoM:DC base
- Abillity to play Co-op
- New pistols
- New twitcher
- New player models
- Refined maps up to the subway
- Remade music up to the subway
- Still requires Half-Life 1 to run
- Intellectual Properties: Andreas Rönnberg
- Code: James Marchant
- Handgun animations: Kopter
- Everything else: Andreas Rönnberg
How to play:
1. Extract AoMDC_COOP to steamapps\common\Half-Life
2. Restart Steam
3. Play Single Player or Co-op
4. First map is "Intro"
5. For co-op, use Hamachi and create a simple account in Hamachi
6. In Hamachi, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Encryption: disabled
7. For host: Create your own Network, and let people join it.
8. For host: Host a server in the game, make sure sv_lan is set to 0, and host Intro as the first map. Set the difficulty to Easy, Normal or Hard (difficuly is updated after a level change)
7. For client: Join your hosts Network in Hamachi
8. For client: Copy the IPv4 address from whoever is hosting
9. For client: In the game, use the console and write "connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and replace the x with the IP
- Press V to place waypoint
- Press I to noclip
- To change player name: In the console, type "name x" and replace the x with your name
- To change level: In the console, write "changelevel x" and replace the x with the map name
- To kill yourself: In the console, write "kill"
Known bugs & issues:
- The levels are only made up to the subway, the rest are vanilla AoMDC maps
- Changing music volume is unknown. Change the volume of the game in the Windows Sound mixer instead
- Player info gets lost during level change
- 3D UI gets lost in different vis groups
- Doors get stuck if you stand inside eachother
- Noclip instead of using the elevators
- Maps past the subway can miss level spawns. Use noclip or kill in the console to fix.
- Only 1 enemy type was made
- Only the 3 handguns was made
- Not all songs are replaced
- Not all copyrighted content is replaced, hence why it's free
- Source code is lost
- More issues I might have forgotten about
- Feel free to work on this mod and finish it if you want. Contact me first before you do it! All level source files are in the RMF folder
- Feel free to use this content for Cry of Fear
- Feel free to use this content for Sven Coop, as long as Sven Coop is still free
- DO NOT USE THIS CONTENT TO SELL
- DO NOT USE THIS CONTENT FOR OTHER GAMES THAN STATED ABOVE
Copyright: Andreas Rönnberg © 2015
Xash3D FWGS 0.19 open beta testing. Conquering horizons: Xash3D FWGS for iOS.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
You wake up in a dark alley, not knowing anything. What has happened anyway? You struggle after the truth and answers. Answers you want to know in the...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.