Mashinky is a tycoon strategy game with trains.
Mashinky puts a new twist on top of rock-solid 'Train Tycoon' gaming.
Build and manage your own transport empire in a procedural-generation worlds, offering endless possibilities in a sandbox-style gameplay. The right strategy will always be a different one!
Uniquely combining realistic graphics with old-school construction mode with rules inspired by board games, Mashinky combines the best of both worlds: eye-candy of 3D visuals and addictiveness of isometric gameplay, adding its own unique vibe in the process.
Inspired by classic games from the 90s especially by Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon and Sid Maier's Railroad Tycoon 2. It takes it to the next level with features such as multiplayer and endless modding possibilities, the result is a deep and challenging game made by a fan, for fans, that will make every train sim enthusiast come back for more.
This game is developed for more than 7 years by a single man who loves old tycoon games. It is build on very own engine writen in C++ with DirectX9 which is specifically designed for this type of game.
I have learned a lot while participating in the development of Mafia II, Mafia III and DayZ. Mashinky was always my side project where I used freely all my creativity and passion for game development.
Mashinky game is currently in prealpha stage where first two eras are being polished.
At the end of Q1 2017, there will be Early Access version available with regular updates including new content and polishing.
And promissed second status on Mashinky game development in a row ;)
- New steam engine sounds
- New Script functions (13+)
- New wagon for iron ingots
- New wagon for logs from Jakub
- First quests from scripter Pavel
- Redesigned splash screen, new painted image
- Trains can go on reverse! First hardcore game option
- Auto turn around on the end of platform when needed
- New quest summary system on screen (dynamic, basic info, hideable)
- Different power / topspeed when go on reverse, some are more suitable
- Density of towns, industries, plants according to map size, setup
- Some upgrades and industry rules are limited to specific era
- Blending few states of map icons via camera distance
- Map icons for station / depot show more details
- Added system for quests priority, order
- Added script statistics & Performance
- Improved landscape generator logic
- Some Engines need depot upgrade
- Fixed: 62+ issues
Finally another status on Mashinky game development ;) I will post here one more since it is some time from last one.
Second status report - It summarises my development in 2/2017
Very first status report - Is summarise my development from 12/2016 to 1/2017
Mashinky Steam Greenlight is finally on! Please vote :) As always, I am glad for any critics, ideas, thoughts..
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.