Mashinky is a tycoon strategy game with trains.
Mashinky puts a new twist on top of rock-solid 'Train Tycoon' gaming.
Build and manage your own transport empire in a procedural-generation worlds, offering endless possibilities in a sandbox-style gameplay. The right strategy will always be a different one!
Uniquely combining realistic graphics with old-school construction mode with rules inspired by board games, Mashinky combines the best of both worlds: eye-candy of 3D visuals and addictiveness of isometric gameplay, adding its own unique vibe in the process.
Inspired by classic games from the 90s especially by Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon and Sid Maier's Railroad Tycoon 2. It takes it to the next level with features such as multiplayer and endless modding possibilities, the result is a deep and challenging game made by a fan, for fans, that will make every train sim enthusiast come back for more.
This game is developed for more than 7 years by a single man who loves old tycoon games. It is build on very own engine writen in C++ with DirectX9 which is specifically designed for this type of game.
I have learned a lot while participating in the development of Mafia II, Mafia III and DayZ. Mashinky was always my side project where I used freely all my creativity and passion for game development.
Mashinky game is currently in prealpha stage where first two eras are being polished.
At the end of Q1 2017, there will be Early Access version available with regular updates including new content and polishing.
New status report of Mashinky development is took more than I expected, but it is finally here!
Mashinky's got some new 3D assets, for example very first diesel locomotive (Br class 3)! I've also moved most of map generating algorithms from CPU to the GPU, so Start new game it is more than 10 times faster!
UI has been improved a lot. Now all quests are visible on the left side of the screen and on the right side, there are game messages (like that storage is full, train has no orders or trains crashed into each other).
The biggest change from my perspective is adding new game option cathegory "Hardcore" where you could find very challenging game options. The very first switch cause train to not magically turn around, but it starts to go on reverse instead (with some speed limitations) and you have to solve it somehow (with better track / routelist design, secondary locomotive on the train tail, etc).
..and last but not least: Mashinky won "Best gameplay" and "Peoples choice" awards in Game Access '17 conference! And thanks to this, I shaked hands with Chris Avellone!
- Diesel engine smoke
- New Sounds from Andrej and Ben
- Improved and faster signals placing
- Next iteration of quest / tutorials scripts
- First Diesel Locomotive - Br class 3 from Jakub
- Added support for GPU accelerated terrain generating
- Quest text formating, better management and new script functions
- New system for selective track removing (heuristic simulated annealing)
- Improved path tracking and smarter behaving according to red signals
- Added system for on-screen game messages, added few of them already
- Added Hardcore category and it’s first option - Go on reverse
- Postpone and dismiss Quest options, new visualization
- Optimized 25% CPU memory by better VFS management
- Auto word wrap feature according to caption size
- Depot and stop could be placed on existing track
- Balancing of infrastructure expenses
- Added VSync functionality
- Fixed: 20 issues
- Won Best gameplay and People’s choice at the Game Access conference !
And promissed second status on Mashinky game development in a row ;)
Finally another status on Mashinky game development ;) I will post here one more since it is some time from last one.
Second status report - It summarises my development in 2/2017
Very first status report - Is summarise my development from 12/2016 to 1/2017
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.