this next patch is a bit lean on content but that is because we are gearing up to the next one that has a huge new region with tons of adventures awaiting - and it is coming sooner than you think! That said, this current update contains a pile of new features and Quality of Life improvements that will hopefully make you happy - like a completely reworked Event UI, Test boosting that allows you to use Resourcefulness to improve chances in Events, additions to Chart markers that makes it easier to find things in the wasteland (but still keeps it a challenge most of the time), new Hirelings, combat Skill tweaks, and a lot more!
Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
Patch 0.5.29 - Codename: Perky
- 1 new Venari and 3 new Oquo Hirelings became available at their respective headquarters
- New Deputy Perk options now available on most companions (most of these you have to unlock via Prowess progression)
- New SFX for a few enemies
User interface improvements:
- Event UI revamp including: buy-sell icons, hover effect, the whole choice box clickable, dependency icon improvements, and tooltip improvements,
- Test chance boosting is now available (normal & advanced with the 'Enhance' Perk)
- Revamped Mini-comitatus UI (campaign view top left) with more information
- Revamped Node & Marker cards on the Chart
- Chart markers are differentiated by colors and icons from now on
- Added the use of preview markers: this allows you to check the destinations of Tasks before picking them up
- Enemy banners added in Crew combat for flavor and categorization
- 'Ready' sub-header added under Journal Tasks to be used in certain quests (typically in cases when you have to bring X amount of Y to the quest-giver)
- 'Enhance' Perk and functionality enabled (allows you to raise Test chances further in Events).
- 'Traverse' Perk and functionality enabled (allows you to convert MMP to MP every few days).
- A shedload of balancing changes to Companion Skills.
- Tasks no longer automatically grant the settlement destination on the chart. Instead, they spawn a marker similar to quest markers that can be used to locate the settlement.
- Passengers also get a marker. Their destinations also is now clickable in the mansios (so you could preview the direction they are heading to).
- Several tweaks to market prices aiming to make cheaper goods a bit more profitable while curbing the effortless riches on expensive goods (let us know how you find these).
- Trade task commissions got a ~8% increase to make them more worthwhile
- Faction offers no longer accumulate the available offer quality infinitely (hopefully that puts an end to the 1k bross rounds)
- Sand Wyrm burrow got an interim fix - a proper fix will come at a later time
- A number of smaller bugs squashed
- Can no longer poach Yrgs from Crew Combat
- Crew Combat offerings no longer disappear when clicking 'Back'
- Event occurrence tweaks regarding the frequency of wind and dream events
- Another round of infinite insight exploits closed off
- The initial Loading time might have gotten even higher as we had added the new nodes for the upcoming content patch (hidden from players for now)
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now?' - Nope.
'Was it a step in the right direction?' - We think so. Please let us know how you find it.
Coming up next
Meanwhile, we keep working on two major patches simultaneously. On the content side, the Smolderbone region has been coming along nicely, while the development of our single largest outstanding feature, Mercenary Tasks, is progressing well, too. We are not sure at this time which one will be ready for release first. Let us know in the comment section which of them you are waiting for the most.
Stay tuned, stay alive, conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team
Our crowdfunding campaign is LIVE at Fig! Also, don't forget to wishlist and follow Vagrus on Steam and GoG!