the time has come to revisit the region that featured in Pilgrims of the Wasteland, the tutorial/prelude of Vagrus. We opened up that very zone for the open-world campaign, albeit we are 10 years in the future compared to that prologue story, so expect some changes. There was a bit of a switcheroo involving several patches in the works and eventually the choice fell onto pushing this out in part to fix a game-breaking bug from the previous patch. For this reason, expect a smaller update in the near future that irons out a few things regarding the currently added content, although we might end up merging that with Mercenary Tasks, the next larger addition.
Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.
Now let's jump into the details:
Patch 0.5.30 - Codename: Brimstone and Bones
- The Smolderbone region is finally open, as well as a new part of the Searing Plains. They include five new points of interest: the city of Avernum, Omphalat Outpost, as well as the tribal settlements Vitrar and Utvorar, plus the dreaded Writhing Oasis.
- A number of stories and quests that lead to this zone continue, and a lot of new ones begin here, too.
- A new companion, the veteran warrior and former kingpin Skornar can be recruited in Avernum.
- Defender, Diehard, and Marksman Perks implemented.
- Skill dependencies implemented for Burrow, Eviscerate, and a number of other enemy Skills. In some instances, these Skills appear as new (like Eviscerate) but mostly they got more restricted in their use by the tweaks.
- Considerable changes to market prices.
- A number of fixes/design changes to Trade Offers.
- Enemy Mounts and Beasts gained through Crew Combat are now turned into supplies when your comitatus uses the Yrg beast type.
- Enemy combat resistances nerfed all across the board.
- Most Event UI crashes/bugs fixed - not all of them, though
- Various smaller fixes and Event script tweaks
- Skornar's Guard Stance retaliation attack upon successful block may not always trigger. We are investigating the reason.
- Load times are getting higher and higher. We plan to address the issue closer to the final release.
'Is Vagrus properly balanced now?'- Nope.
'Was it a step in the right direction?'- We think so. Please let us know how you find it.
Coming Up Next:
Mercenary Tasks, along with a focus on spicing up Companion Combat.
Stay tuned, stay alive, conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team
Our crowdfunding campaign is LIVE at Fig! Also, don't forget to wishlist and follow Vagrus on Steam and GoG!