Dark times have befallen Earth. The once flourishing human civilization fell into despair and chaos. On the brink of utter destruction came a new hope. A technological breakthrough enabled travel to a new, potentially habitable planet. A place to carry over the human legacy.
The strongest foundations on Earth started amassing the resources needed to make the leap…but such resources were scarce. Not everybody will be able to make the leap, but everybody wants to. World powers formed strong coalitions to secure their passage. They built massive motherships to act as arks and transport their people to their new home. Unfortunately, none of the coalitions had enough resources and energy to send over its entire fleet of motherships to the other side. In their last ditch attempt to escape the doomed planet, the coalitions waged a ferocious war for domination over the resources they needed. For any given coalition, leaving a few ships behind would mean their certain destruction by the other coalitions. Survival became a balancing act of power.
You have been summoned to command one of the motherships. Millions of lives depend on your judgement. You will have to do what it takes to ensure that those that have trusted you live to see the next generation. Your mission is to help the coalition gain the upper hand and keep your mothership afloat. Under no circumstances should you land on Earth, lest your people be destroyed by the savage humans left behind. Your task is to keep your ship in one piece, but you intend to turn your mothership into a force to be reckoned with in its own right. You will see it prosper, gain fame, and instill fear in the hearts of your enemies. Coalition or not, you will harvest Earth down to the core. You will make sure when the time comes, your ship will be ready to make the jump, with allies or on its own and you will be ready to face whatever exists on the other side… and who knows what that may be.
Interceptors are among the upcoming new features in development for War to the Core. They are small, automated warships that alternate between attack and defense. Player-controlled Motherships can fight against incoming enemy Interceptors to defend their base or fly alongside their own fleets of Interceptors to victory. You can also exercise some tactical control over your Interceptors, modifying their flight paths to avoid obstacles, strike secondary targets, and attack from unexpected directions. The following is a description of how Interceptors will work in War to the Core. This aspect of the game will continue to expand and improve based on testing results and player feedback.
1. Interceptors spawn at their alliance base and circle around it. A path indicates the route that Interceptors will follow when they attack. By default, this path is a straight line from the allied base to the enemy base.
2. If an enemy moves within an Interceptor’s aggro range, it will attack the enemy. When the enemy is destroyed or moves out of the aggro range, the Interceptor will resume circling the allied base.
3. When Interceptors reach a certain number, they begin traveling towards the enemy base. On launch, a new set of Interceptors begin spawning at the alliance base.
4. Aggro ranges on Interceptors deactivate once they start traveling. If an enemy, however, moves into an Interceptor’s attack range, the Interceptor will stop traveling and start attacking. When finished attacking, or if the enemy moves out of range, the Interceptor will resume traveling towards its destination.
5. Draw way-points to modify their Interceptors’ path. To start drawing a path, first Shift + left click on your alliance base. This will bring up a set of icons for all commands that affect the whole alliance, including: “Create Way-points” and “Clear Way-points”. After selecting “Create Way-points”, you can create way-points by pressing Shift + right click. Each time you create a way-point, the interceptor path will update to display the new route.
6. If you don’t like your selection, press Backspace to cancel your design, which will cause the path to return to what it was before you started modifying it. To clear an existing path, select the “Clear Way-points” icon from your alliance base.
We've introduced a number of updates to make the overall experience more enjoyable. Apart from minor tweaks, bug fixes and improvements, we've fully redesigned...
We've done a lot of work on the game recently. Among other things, battle UI has been updated.
We are revamping how the planet feels, and we want to share with you our progress, this new planet model improves visually everything and the results...
We have released our beta to the public on the Windows Store.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the steam build of war to the core, the game is in beta phase.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.