Experience sci-fi tactical combat and exploration in a procedural world that combines traditional roguelikes with an immersive modern interface like no other. Build yourself from components found or salvaged from other robots. Attach power sources, propulsion units, utilities, and weapons to become a slow tank bristling with weapons, or a fast-moving flier zipping past enemies before they even have time to react, or a stealthy sword-wielding assassin/hacker, or whatever else you can come up with from the salvage you find. The situation can quickly change as you lose components and rebuild yourself from enemy remains. You are the Cogmind. Discover what that means as you explore a living, breathing world ruled by robots.
Shortly after the major Beta milestone earlier this month, a quick fix was put out to address a targeting issue alongside some other adjustments, followed more recently by a meatier update that added a number of new features. An quick summary of both Beta 1.1 and 1.2 is provided below. This'll be one of the last releases (if not the last) before going to Steam, though there is no definite date on the latter yet so I can't be sure. If it's taking too long to do all the annoying prep work I'll throw some more features into a 1.3 first :D
Demonstrating guaranteed safe passage through wall-earth-wall scenarios.
Optional on-map full combat log.
The log's default settings relative to actual space available on a full 16:9 map. (Length and duration are adjustable, and the entire log is optional since the same info already appears in the top-center console.)
Allies no longer chase after fleeing Watchers.
Programmers can remotely rewire bots for you,
so you don't have to do it yourself if you've got one of these awesome friends :D.
Mouse-based pathfinding intelligently avoids moving obstacles when it will save more time than waiting.
Allied followers no longer take long circuitous routes when a more direct desired route is blocked.
Mouse pathfinding automatically avoids potential cave-in areas where feasible.
The AI will avoid those areas when they can as well!
* NEW: Mouse movement pathfinding automatically avoids non-hostile blocking robots (can deactivate via cogmind.cfg disablePathfindingRobotAvoidance)
* NEW: When combat log detail set to Full, automatically mirrored to left side of map (tweak via cfg: mapCombatLogMaxLength/mapCombatLogDuration)
* NEW: Armor Integrity Analyzers expanded to a full four tiers (+2 items)
* NEW: Particle Chargers expanded to three tiers (+2 items)
* NEW: Added meaning of part info summary ** and + prefixes to manual
* NEW: Manual available online, too: gridsagegames.com/cogmind/manual.txt
* NEW: Allied followers will not chase down Watchers that leave Cogmind's FOV
* NEW: Allied followers will generally avoid taking incredibly circuitous routes when blocked, preferring to wait instead
* NEW: Player and AI pathfinding both avoid traveling through potential cave-in areas where feasible
* NEW: Attempting to fire in view of a Researcher will temporarily block attacks with a warning message, and highlight all such Researchers in view
* NEW: Programmers capable of remotely rewiring disrupted robots
* NEW: Energy restored to full on heading to new map (also fills any energy containers)
* MOD: Rating 10 items show their rating as 'X' in the part list info summary mode (instead of "10")
* MOD: Exp. Actuator Arrays and Exp. Shock Absorption System now classified as prototypes (though never found faulty)
* MOD: Free peeks inside rooms / around corners no longer guaranteed for fast Cogminds gaming the time system
* MOD: Some utility effects no longer stack: Target Analyzers, Armor Integrity Analyzers, Particle Chargers
* MOD: Some Particle Charger/Accelerator effects weakened, also lowered energy upkeep
* MOD: Armor Integrity Analyzer effect no longer applied to AOE attacks
* MOD: Programmers can no longer remotely repel hacks against allies made via direct melee Datajacks
* MOD: Score sheet doesn't list tallies for specific effects of overheating or corruption if zero
* MOD: Scanalyzer Insert Component list no longer displays duplicate items with matching integrity
* MOD: A certain well-known stash has gotten even better
* MOD: EM disruption no longer affects inactive robots
* FIX: May crash if standing adjacent to both a door and its terminal when [redacted] remotely unlocks that door [Sherlockkat]
* FIX: Newest secret map may rarely have an unintended tunnel extending from its exit area [Sherlockkat]
* FIX: Adjustments to Command layout generation in Beta 1 introduced the possibility of requiring travel through a garrison [Sherlockkat, zxc]
* FIX: Potential UI crash if in possession of an Omega Cannon with INFO mode active [Nikola Kolodziejczyk]
* FIX: Dedicated robot destruction codes retrieved from [redacted]'s decrypted terminal stopped working after Alpha 14 [MTF]
* FIX: New cave-in system allowing guaranteed passage through wall-earth-wall tunneling scenarios wasn't working as intended, might cave in [MTF]
* FIX: Was possible for fabrication network matter reserves to fall slightly negative if randomly drained close to zero while a build in progress [MTF]
* FIX: New bonus points for Network Hub destruction tallied incorrectly [GJ]
* FIX: Reversed score sheet ending name (only in header) for two of the seven endings [zxc]
* FIX: The conditions required for a plot-relevant end-game hack that used to be possible to obtain mid-game were no longer possible [zxc]
* FIX: Typo in Thermal Resupply hack name [zxc]
* FIX: Typo "Fabriactor" in new score sheet entry [zxc]
* FIX: Ramming a target off stairs may in some cases fail to immediately ascend [zxc, DDarkRay]
* FIX: Pair of typos in Zion [DDarkRay]
* FIX: Missing space in intel message revealing a single exit to a particular map [Amphouse]
* FIX: A particular encounter in the Mines could make it impossible to exit from one of the two stairs, though still showed the stair label [Senjai]
* FIX: Scanalyzer Insert Component list showed all items with matching name and integrity as broken if the first in inventory was broken [Senjai]
* FIX: Repeat consecutive messages in calculations log did not immediately show their multiplier suffix unless scrolled out of view and back again
* FIX: Super Gauntlet challenge mode could crash on -8/Materials if no Garrison Access generated for that map
Only showing applicable damage modifiers.
The new and improved want-if-have-allied army TCS.
* NEW: Manual Advanced UI: Map section more explicit about where tunneling is safe through areas that can otherwise cave in
* MOD: Ramming time cost no longer a flat 100 (1 turn); now takes slowest of that and your movement speed
* MOD: Tread crushing only possible against targets with no more than 50 core integrity remaining
* MOD: Tactical Coordination Suite bonus increased from 5% to 10%
* MOD: Removed critical chance from Flak Cannon, Hvy. Flak Cannon, Proton Burst Cannon, Ion Burst Cannon
* MOD: Tri-rail Accelerator critical chance lowered from 3% to 1%
* MOD: Visible sound effect system no longer pinpoints origins of sounds played at less than a quarter of their volume due to relative distance
* MOD: Data Miner ASCII changed from 'm' back to '0'
* MOD: Robot info page doesn't list damage modifiers that don't apply to that robot
* MOD: C Programmers gained critical immunity
* FIX: The new system for preventing duplicate penetration caused consecutive single-projectile shots against the same target to have no effect [GJ]
* FIX: Potential crash if Borebot destroys itself while clearing an explosive machine [GJ]
* FIX: Engineers building rooms could in certain rare layouts manage to build excessively long rows of doors [Widmo, BOYADD]
* FIX: Extermination squad dispatch referred to as incorrect type if affected by Trojan and the dispatch before it was of a different type [zxc]
* FIX: Typo in Transmission Jammer effect description [zxc]
* FIX: soundIgnoresDistance config file option allowed sounds to be both heard and seen across an entire map
* FIX: Map exit information obtained via derelict logs showed "exits" (plural) in log message even if only one
Looking at various version naming systems and what should happen for and after the upcoming major milestone.
Approaching Cogmind's largest ever update, with tons of new features... and a new price :)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.