GRAB or WISHLIST Space Grunts 2 (discounted!) in Early Access on Steam HERE.
I decided to implement Daily challenges into this version. Originally planned to be part of an update, but I was comfortable enough in my planning that this seemed like a good idea!
There’s also a new region added where you get to visit the Heroes of Loot Dungeons and find a very unique item to help you in the rest of the game. These special items are now placed in special, and more easily identified, crates with a little Orange logo on them.. just to make sure the player is more likely to actually find those.
The rest of this update is a huge list of fixes and changes. I’ve still noticed that some crates/barrels remain after being blown-up.. so that’s one of the few bugs I know are still in the game.. but getting close to a very solid version!
Which is great, cause this game will be released on iOS on December 3rd for the first time! even tho PC remains in Early Access for a few more weeks, and I might put out an Early Access for Android soonish.
I’m very happy that the bug I was hunting last week hasn’t shown it’s ugly head anymore, so I guess my big bug-hunt was worth the time! Check my vlog on that one here:
Full changes list:
- added: inventory flashes when new items are added to it
- added: items in “alternate” worlds are now in special crates (more noticeable)
- added: Dungeons world (alternate route)
- added: improved gameover screen
- added: actual ending after defeating the Blob
- added: Daily Challenges
- added: item Powerglove (VERY rare)
- added: “dialog” for super rare items (powerglove, weboftime, genocidedevice)
Fixes and changes:
- fixed: Drill card could make fist card go missing
- fixed: double tutorial dialog popping up at once
- fixed: player-icon on mapview now correctly on top
- fixed: map-view now centers player on screen
- fixed: skip “spam” messages in hud (i.e: inventory full)
- fixed: empty crates didn’t make a noise
- fixed: special-crates wouldn’t always spawn special item
- fixed: web of time card doesn’t function correctly
- fixed: crash bug with drill-card on small deck (<5 cards)
- fixed: some entities not being killed/exploding when low on energy
- fixed: minutes played counter didn’t reset between games
- fixed: End-boss level had two exits
- fixed: optimized save-game files
- fixed: The Blob has graphics mess when hit
- fixed: cards still fly to deck even if inventory full
- fixed: touch-controls don’t set to correct transparency
- fixed: game auto-plays when using Invisibility card
- fixed: reset “tapcount” on non-selected cards
- fixed: show “X in deck” when card is selected by touch (uideck + uiplaycards)
- fixed: uidailygame doesn’t show back button on mobile. Does work
- tweak: move “deck-count” up a little bit
- tweak: Modifier cards are now moved to Pause screen (free some screen space)
- tweak: make player dot on “on-screen radar” bigger