This is the 32-bit version of The Other Side of the Pokéball.
You often hear stories about Pokémon trainers who, against all odds, manage to save the world from some evil entity, while also getting all gym badges, beating the so-called "Elite Four" and eventually claiming the title of Champion.
But... what about the Pokémon that made it all possible? Have you ever wondered if they also had a story to tell? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, they never asked to be a part of the trainer's glorious, world-saving team? That maybe they didn't want to be cooped up inside certain red-and-white devices and be forced to fight their fellow Pokémon until they could no longer stand?
In The Other Side of the Pokéball, you might just be about to find out. As the sole survivor of an experiment gone catastrophically wrong, having been turned into a Pokémon and losing your memory in the process, you'll have to adapt to your new life in the wild, all the while searching for clues about your mysterious transformation, and avoiding the so-called trainers that now see you as nothing more than a tool to get badges. Or, if you think you're strong enough, defeat the trainer's team, kill them and claim their possessions as your own.
Train, become stronger and eventually evolve! The Other Side of the Pokéball is an upcoming 3D MMORPG, made in Unity. At the moment, the gameplay resembles a battle-royale, and is merely a showcase of some of the combat and levelling mechanics. The final result will be much different. For now, only the eeveelutions (except for Sylveon) have been implemented, but more Pokémon will come in the future.
- 3D, real time combat
- Moves cost Energy instead of PP. Energy regenerates over time, but the rate at which it does so can be modified with certain moves, items, skills, etc
- Unique levelling system - combat level will be based on stats, and not the other way around. Stats can be levelled up by using moves and each move will level up a different stat. Example: Tackle will grant you experience in Attack, while Swift will grant you experience in Special Attack. Moves can be levelled up as well, resulting in increased base power and range, decreased cooldown and energy cost, among others.
- If (and only if) you play as a wild Pokémon, you can choose whether you are shiny or not. The only source of shiny Pokémon in this game will be those who are player-controlled.
- Unlock more Pokémon to play as, by defeating them in combat. Certain species will require more kills than others in order to unlock them.
- Unique, Pokémon-themed, talent-like Skills, meant to specialize your Pokémon.
- Online multiplayer
- Unique, new abilities for each type, in addition to the Pokémon's innate abilities - for example: flying types can fly around freely, dark types can go into stealth, psychic types can move certain objects in the game world, ghost types can move through walls.
- [Player-controlled] Trainers - they will be able to catch the "wild", player-controlled Pokémon, or at least, attempt to. Those Pokémon will be much stronger than their human-trained counterparts. However, the rewards may just be worth the risk...
- Type-specific environments designed to act as relative safe havens for Pokémon of that type, where they can heal and take refuge from trainers. This will be similar to how cities and Pokémon Centers work for humans.
- City raids: wild Pokémon can form groups to attempt to raid a human city. Doing so can yield greater rewards, both in loot and experience, but it will also pertain higher risk. Will you be able to steal the rare Water Stone you so desperately need for your evolution, or will you be caught by the countless trainers roaming the streets?
- Environment raids: Conversely, trainers with a common goal can unite to strike at an Environment. Will you be able to exact revenge on that super-powered Eevee that stole your expensive Water Stone and most of your supplies, or will you be overwhelmed by the Pokémon in their natural habitat, adding to your losses?
- Breeding, both for Trainers and wild Pokémon
- Alternate shiny forms
- [Fakemon] A mega-evolution for the Eevee line.
- And much, much more...
Pokémon (c) Nintendo
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the 32-bit version of The Other Side of the Pokéball.
A battle royale-esque demonstration for some of the combat and levelling mechanics. Most moves don't have a sprite on the UI yet, so you'll have to check...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
An Online Fantasy Casual RPG tailored for you with Love and Kawainess ♥. Wake Up Hero, the World of Mosha awaits you...
Elder Tales is a 2D Free-to-Play MMORPG where you play as yourself in the virtual MMORPG World! Choose your race, class, customize your character and...
Blossom & Decay is a fantasy adventure game that is set at the edge of a dying realm. It brings action combat together with crafting and survival mechanics...
Aetheria is a 2D MMORPG which focuses on challenging dungeons, cooperative group play, fast paced PvP, and important crafting elements. Aetheria utilizes...
AGE OF THE FOUR CLANS, the newest game from EVOLV Studios, delivers an all-ages prehistoric adventure in an oldschool 2D environment. Become a Raptor...
Ash Dawn is a fantasy MMORPG with the main focus on non-instanced world activity. Creating a place where conflict is inevitable. Take part in town sieges...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.