In the last news, I have been announcing the release of The Alien Wasteland on Steam and while it was quite successful, there has been a lot of controversy due to some serious bugs being showed by popular youtubers which have made the game to looks bad.
Even if I fixed these issues and updated the game right after they were discovered, I had to endure a massive flow of rage on the Steam forum despite I have explained that I am sorry for the bugs and that I have fixed them.
Anyway, it seems that the anger has somewhat vanished, and so I would like to explain what I plan to add to the game for the next coming updates.
Apart of fixing more bugs and trying to enhance the gameplay, here are the main things I plan to do :
- Adding more maps to the game with the same "survival" style but taking action in different places, with some of them having new gameplay elements like being able to drive a car, setting up barricades, interacting with human NPCs, etc...
- Adding more aliens and improving the animations and the AI of the current ones.
- Making the buildings and many objects in the maps to be destroyable by weapons and aliens.
- Making the settings to be more customisable like being able to tweak the mouse sensitivity, the sound volume, etc...
- Adding achievements and support for Steam trading cards.
- Making the game playable in Mac OS X.
- Adding a multiplayer survival mode.
- Creating a community map editor with the ability to easily install custom maps in the game and play it online.
- Overall enhancement for the graphics.
If you have a suggestion for a map or a feature feel free to post it here and I will see if I can add it to the game.
Otherwise, if you are stuck during the game or if you just want to see some gameplay footages, here is a complete walk-through in full HD of the petrol station level in day mode !
And here are some more in-game screenshots !
So feel free to try the game on Steam and to post your reviews ! Thanks for reading !