start off with a single sector in the city of mega and build it up to become a bustling city that is maintained by the judges. You can either let it become a thriving city where law and order is maintained or let mega city one fall into disrepair and criminals run the streets and the judges become overpowered. You will be responsible for every street, pipe and city block and of course the justice department itself and the judges who live and work in the city of mega.
Hello all and welcome to Mega City Builder, a 2d top-down city building game based off the comic book series "Judge Dredd" now if you don't know what Judge Dredd is, then I will give you a quick overview of it.
Judge Dredd is a comic book series detailing the adventures and daily life of one Joseph Dredd a 'Street Judge' in Mega City One, now you might be asking yourself "what the heck is a street judge, what's mega city one?" Well I'll tell you:
1. The role of Street Judge is a unique one as it is the role of Judge Jury and Executioner all rolled into one. Persons trained to become a street judge are usually trained from childhood and once they become an adult (age 21) they become street judges. The term street judge specifically within the mega city one justice department is a broad term given to all judges.
2. Mega City One is a fictional city spanning from the modern-day state of Boston all the way along the eastern-seaboard states of the modern-day USA, The comics refer to the USA as the 'old world'.
The judge dredd universe is based around what is called the judge system and that system is created after an event known as the automic wars, where the United States is fighting against the judges that the comic book portrays due to the president of the united states being corrupt and launching automic weapons across the entire united states and the whole world basically triggering all the other countries to do the same and turning most cities into irradiated wastelands known collectively as "the cursed earth". The judges then basically did away with the presidency and they took over as government.
Our idea for the project is to try and make a game that has the theme of judge dredd as much as possible while still making it fun and entertaining for the player to play. We also plan to make the game moddable but with the current team lineup that may not be possible.
We have a lot of plans for the game itself but for now here is what we are currently working on as far as the project goes and where we currently are in development:
Current Plans for game:
1. Get a rough tech demo going
2. improve on system once tech demo is done and tested by QA team.
currently planned features for game:
1. smart and reactive AI
2. building system
3. environmental control that will affect how the player has to build their city.
4. easy to understand and control UI system.
for now though we are mostly focusing on #2 in the current features list
We hope to have a rough technical demo up by the end of the year if not sooner depending on the team status at that point as well as just other factors that we may not see coming.
We hope you will enjoy the game as much as we will enjoy making it for you.
Well thats it for this devlog, we hope to see you again soon.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.