After 2 1/2 years of development, North and South: First Manassas (beta 0.5) is going into its first full release.
The new version offers lot of new features and tons of great models, made by Docm30 - the developer of L'Aigle
What is North and South - First Manassas?
The United States of America - in the Year 1861. The Union and the Confederate States of America are at War.
Both sides fight in the biggest war on the american continent: The American Civil War 1861-1865!
The modification features theBattle of Manassas, which was the first big battle of the Civil War.
On July 21st, 1861 both armies clashed near Manassas junction and the river Bull Run. It should be the first and last battle of the war.
• ALL Uniforms are replaced by high quality models, which are made by Docm30 - the Developer of L'Aigle
(check it out: Moddb.com )
British Soldier and Zouave Officer
Complete new Environment!
• In cooperation with our sister mod - "Blood & Iron" a complete new envirenment with new plants, objects, skybox and more was added!
(check it out: Fsegames.eu)
• Tons of new mapping objects like western buildings, wanted posters, trains, supply carts and many more!
New Battlefield tactics and features!
• Bayonets: Fix Bayonets and when you charge them, yell like Furries!
• Ammo Boxes: resupply crates to refill your ammo
• Bleeding: If you survive a hit, you can bleed to death after some seconds
• Medics: To stop bleeding, you are able to spawn as a field medic now. Medics have bandages to fix up wounded soldiers
• Chaplains: Take out your bible, bless your troops or worship the developers of this mod
• Balloons: Get into a balloon and recon for your team!
New units and ingame regiments!
• New units are added - like Pennsylvania Lancers, Partisan Rangers, 79th NY - Cameron Highlanders, VMI Cadets and more!
• First unique player regiments added into the game!
• "Foreign Intervention": A new "what if, ..." scenario brings in troops of 4 different nations, which joined the War!
On July 25th, 4 days after the confederate victory at Manassas, France and England declared war on the United States of America!
While an Expeditionary Corps was sent to Richmond, Virginia.. the Mexican Army started a second Invasion of Texas and declared war on the Confederate States of America.
What would YOU do, if that "What if..." Scenario took place?
British Highlander and Mexican Soldier
• Reworked Commander Battle mode - regiments will march into the battle with flags, musicians, officers and NCO's
AI Commander Battles with Flags/Officers
1) Run the downloaded "NaS Setup" file!
2) The installer should point out your correct Mount&Blade folder automatically. If its the wrong folder, please navigate yourself!
3) The installation path should end with \North and South First Manassas. If its a different folder, please make sure to edit!
4) Play the game and have fun!
(for server hoster only)
No server files available.
Please get in contact with the developers!
If you would like to support us
North and South is being developed without any other funding than what the community chooses to donate to us.
There are no wages and there have never been. Everything you see is created out of pure will and passion regarding the project.
North&South Community Supervisor
Mod Supporter and Contributors
Docm30, Mailman, Chadman, ComradeCrimson,
Flemmi, Primergy, usnavy30, BetaKnight, CKtheFat,
Rigadoon, Penis Colada, Azrooh, Austro, Baz44331,
Friedrich, Von Afton, GoKiller, Jaakko, GABRILDURO,
YellowMosquito, Col. Mack, Diplex, The FSE Team
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
Highest Rated (9 agree) 10/10
It's hard to explain to people who haven't played Mount & Musket and participated in the community-organised line battles, what the game is really about. Mainly because there really isn't anything else like this on the market today to even compare it to. Line battles. So, Mount & Musket had a community of thousands of players who participated in weekly and daily line battle events hosted entirely by the community themselves. They re-enact line battles as they would have been at the time…
Apr 22 2012 by PsychoPigeon