A squad of soldiers crashlands in the middle of enemy territory. With no leaders alive and no available orders, the group must find a way to deal with their situation and internal conflicts, before a mysterious fog engulfs them and enemy forces hunt them down.
Broken Lines is a game about a group of men with different personalities, ideals, ethical standards and battle plans. Individuals with very different opinions about whether they should carry out their duty - or simply try and survive. You experience their journey from their different perspectives and decide what their goals should be, what they plan, how they carry it out, who will perish and who will survive.
Broken Lines is a simultaneous turn-based tactical game with a rogue-inspired structure. The core-gameplay consists of multiple choice story-events, resource management and missions with pause based planning and real-time execution.
• Squad based tactics-game with small scale skirmishes
• Unique and customizable soldiers (stats, traits, special abilities, morale etc.).
• Turn based planning with simultaneous execution
• Tactical depth - suppression, destructible cover, camouflage, stat checks etc.
• Level scores rewarding completion time, casualties, secondary objectives etc.
• Pay sanity and rewind/retry levels to get higher scores and better loot drops.
• Many special unlockable weapons and abilities (smoke, flashbangs, mines,
decoys, mortar strikes, spotter dogs, portable cover etc.)
• Multiplayer mode with short best-of-3 skirmishes for fast 1vs1 sessions
Hello everyone! We have reached the point where we would like to have a closed prototype test of Broken Lines. It will take place at the beginning of 2018. So, if you like turn-based tactics or just think that this looks interesting, send us a message!
The only requirement is that you are willing to fill out a survey after playing the prototype.
To sign up, please enter your email address through this form: Goo.gl
The game is inspired by FTL, XCOM, Banner Saga, and Frozen Synapse, and you can see some new screenshots below:
Hey guys! Since the last article, there have been a few changes in the story and characters. Read more about them here!
New abilities have been added to the game, and we've tweaked the colors of the action phase so that they're more mellow.
A story driven and squad based tactics game, set in a WWII like setting, and evolved around overcoming failures. Plan, fail, retry.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.