Game Develop is a free game development software allowing to create any kind of 2D game without needing any knowledge in a specific language : Everything is made thanks to visual editors. The software uses an "event based" system, using conditions which have to been filled so as to execute actions. These events are compiled by Game Develop to machine code, as ordinary programming languages, making GD quite unique in the world of game development software.
The editor is designed to be simple but powerful :
* Use of a Ribbon to allow easy access to features. ( Game Develop uses wxRibbon )
* Can be used on Windows and Ubuntu 11.04
* Extension system so as to enhance the features of Game Develop.
* Entirely visual scene editor, so as to see directly the aspect of the game ( WYSIWYG ).
* Layers system.
* Visual Event editor, allowing simple and efficient creation.
* Preview directly integrated to the editor. No need to wait to test games.
* Powerful integrated Debugger, allowing to verify the properties and the values of the objects or of the variables and to modify them.
* Customizable skin.
* Use of variable lists to easily find the variables used in your game.
A lot of features are available for game creation :
* Animated sprites, composed of animations with directions.
* Text object, so as to display easily text on the screen.
* 3D Box object, so as to create 3D Building for example.
* Features allowing to manipulate objects on the scene.
* Support for keyboard and mouse.
* Object allowing to draw directly shapes on screen.
* Support for joysticks.
* Timers and time manipulation, allowing to create slowdown.
* Ability to play sounds and music, and manipulate them.
* Simple handling of files: Saving, Loading, Removing files...
* Encryption functions.
5 main elements, which we can choose during the game. Each element is unique, some elements are more defensive, some more attacking. This will change the style of game
Each element is unique and contains 8 spells of the elements. To pump new spells need to open the statue of abilities. But it will not be so easy!
You can follow us: Twitter.com
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Help us to get the party started! Human Piñata is a shocking psychological game with beautiful Illustration and old school pixel art originally born...
Mobile Carrier Tycoon puts you in the role of a young CEO, of a newly established mobile carrier. In your way to conquer the telecom market, you will...
Platformer Challenge is a platformer game with an integrated level editor. The game can be played alone or with friends on the same computer or on Internet...
This is a game about killing ducks, MANY ducks. Four levels, Four guns. The credits for audio used in this game are in the README.txt file. PLEASE ATTENTION...
Play on to find out how much of a Yuvi can you be! When Flintoff sledged, Broad felt the brunt of it as Yuvi made the ball disappear six times in a row...
Dark Cell is a platform horror puzzle game. I started the development a few weeks ago after being inspired by ghost stories. You play a role of a prisoner...
No games were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the game list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add game and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.