Hey all! Here's what we've been working on for the last two weeks:
First pass of the next building, the tavern!
(Stools are a new addition. Can you spot them?)
New versions of the characters’ faces have been added. Now, they have separate eyeballs, not just textured on, with different specular values than the skin. This also means eyes no longer get tinted with skin tone!
Setup a camera offset which has proved beneficial, especially when playing in zoomed-in views or if there’s an obstruction between your character and the camera. By default, the camera will now have a slight offset, but settings will be added to adjust, or even take away, the offset. The offset is also in the direction of your character’s dominant hand (e.g. the camera will shift slightly to the left if you’re lefty).
INDEPENDENT MENU NAVIGATION PROGRESS
Now, each player can loot containers at the same time! No more stealing input from each other and fighting over going in the menu. You can even loot the same container, although you’ll have grab the items you want quickly!
The only current menu remaining is the Character Creation screen where we'll have to implement a text entry system for controllers…
We also added this controller UI that shows up when a player is added (green) or removed (red), along with a corresponding sound. It pops up in the center of the screen, so you can’t miss it.
Here’s a new item we’ve added, the wizard’s hat!
This also gives a little hint as to some other things we are working on. :)
BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed looting fail: after exiting a game session, not quitting the application, then starting another session, and attempting to loot.
- Fixed bug with team updating. Previously, if equipping the opposite color of the same item type that you are wearing, your team color would fail to update properly. To find the bug, I implemented player label tinting to match the team color your character is currently on.
- Large mountains by town now cast shadows properly even when the sun is behind them.
- Made a more interesting Title Screen campfire area, that the camera rotates around. It also goes day & night.
- Horses can travel between scenes!
In closing, here’s a screenshot! Showcasing the wizard’s hat and a view of some other new things in the town as well.