ABOUT THE DEMO
I'm very excited to share the news that the preview demo Spheres: One Day In The Mountains is available to play now!
Watch the gameplay video above for a taster and then hit the download link to try it out for yourself:
This preview demo drops the player into a mountainous region within the game and let's you explore for one in-game day. Each new play through takes place over a single day picked at a random time of year within the ever changing seasonal cycle.
All of the gameplay in Spheres is generated on-the-fly. The game is based on physics interactions between the player, the creature AI and the game-world around them to create a unique experience every time Spheres is played.
I hope you enjoy Spheres and thank you for taking the time!
The game is still very much work-in-progress so if you have feedback I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment or visit senseofplacegames.com/support and help me make a better game!
Spheres is a peaceful exploration based arcade adventure that I have been working on for the last couple of years. The main features of the game are all in the demo:
- Explore a vibrant organic world in orbit between the earth and the moon
- Compete as part of an ecosystem powered by spheres of energy that fall from space
- Travel with total freedom through a game world that never removes control from the player
- Crafted worlds interact with dynamic systems to creates a unique emergent experience
- Shifting seasons and weather conditions create an ever changing environment to explore
- You will never reach a forced objective, load screen or fail state in Spheres so the experience is created by what you do, where you go and what happens when you get there
In the preview demo, exploration is limited to the surface of the mountains area of the game and the demo ends at dawn on the second day.
In the full game the players journey moves seamlessly through the whole game world as the weather and season change around them.
Sense of Place Games is an unfunded one man developer. This is a preview demo of game still in development. The demo is designed to gather feedback and spread the word about my game as I move towards the final stages of development.
Please feel free to get in touch or to share your experiences with Spheres!
You can grab screenshots by hitting 'Shift' (Keyboard) or 'Y Button' (Gamepad) - they are saved in the Pictures folder of your Windows user profile.
Your interest and feedback is greatly appreciated. Visit senseofplacegames.com/support or leave a comment here if you have anything you would like to share.
To find out more about Sense of Place Games and upcoming project Spheres please get in touch: