SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA...We're back! After months of flatline, we're back! Q.U.A.D is now going to take a new turn and finally be developed! I'm now working on a new level and currently tweaking gameplay and making it more dynamic! Sure, we might not have funding yet, but we're coming back!
I've now started to work on the actual levels, the other two were just prototypes. The level I'm currently working on now is set at an old World War 1 trench near France. Unlike the prototype levels, this map is set in the early morning. Therefore, no flashlight is needed and you can actually see. The map will feature many dynamic hauntings, especially in and around the trenches. The Docks is another significant point. The Docks will have a few scares in and around them as well, including the house you see below. The map is still in the early works, so not much can be said at this point. I'm also working on a Radar system that will be similar to an EMP Detector exept it will show points of EMP detection on the radar. This system made take some time so it wont be in the next few ALPHAs.
A Linux version of Q.U.A.D will be released on launch! There will also be Linux version of the ALPHAs released along with the Windows and Mac versions. Your feedback and comments will get these version update as much as the Windows version does. We plan to release ALPHA 2 for all three OS.
- Added footstep, ambiance, and other sounds for a realistic environment.
- Fixed noclipping bug.
- Added Flashlight Battery System and UI.
- Fixed mesh renderers for apparitions(They are only visible when triggered).
- Added random noises(A noise such as knocking, footsteps, banging, etc. will play randomly).
- Added headbobber for realistic walking.
- Added settings menu.
- Removed jumping(To avoid players leaving the map).
- Changed a few controls.
- Added black X(Keeping quiet about it...)
- Added strange voices.
- Added weather sounds(Thunder, wind, etc.)
- Fixed walking speed.
- Linux version announced
- Removed headbobber
- Started working on official maps
- Added trench scares
I plan to release the game sometime in late 2013 to early 2014. If it gets finished before then, I might release it earlier. When the game gets finished depends very much on your feedback from playing the ALPHAs, so please download, play, and comment your feedback on them! Thanks!
Follow our blog to get updates as soon as they happen!
Help us rise in popularity!
Follow us on Twitter!