AMC TC v3.6 released!
AMC TC v3.6 has been released - this version brings a large tech overhaul to the mod and brings OpenGL support, offering improved performance as well as fixing a large variety of bugs. It also includes additional art improvements, and a new map for episode 3. There's also been additional improvements to help ease new players into the vast and complex world of AMC.
- Polymost/OpenGL support - thanks to significant work by Doom64hunter, Sangman, and the EDuke32 team, this much requested feature is now available.
- Additional art updates for boss enemies and NPCs such as the Abyss Despot and the Mamano by sebabdukeboss20
- New Cinematics by sebabdukeboss20! Make sure you play in Polymost mode to see them.
- Additional GUI updates by AliCatGamer!
- Tons of polishing and bug fixing, particularly to solve common crashes and UI and texture issues.
- A new map starring Alien Armageddon's Bombshell, by Micky C - found in Episode 3 after finishing the Chaosphere level and having the Paranormal Research Division unlocked, the map icon for the mission is found in the USA map.
Download and unzip into a fresh directory, and run amctc.exe. If you're a returning player, copy over your data folder and eduke32.cfg from your existing AMC TC directory to ensure your progress is saved. Save games aren't compatible, but campaign progress is still saved and you can simply go to the AMC base to continue your progress.
This release of the AMC TC uses a modified version of EDuke32 r8133, the source code and build instructions of which can be found here:
Windows and Linux have been tested, MacOS has not, though in principle it should also work.
Note that this fork of EDuke32 is only intended for use with the AMC TC. Many thanks go to the EDuke32 team (particularly TerminX, Hendricks266, Pogokeen and StrikerTheHedgefox) for assisting us with engine bugfixes and CON coding advice that solved a large number of crashes and issues.
As always we have a discord channel that you're encouraged to join for more screenshots and updates, as well as discussion with other community members.