Xenosis: Alien Infection, a story driven Action / Exploration / Survival game with a top down 2D retro inspired style
- Story driven content. Learn the secrets of the Carpathian, its crew and what happened on its fated mission 50 years ago. A branching story line, rich with detailed characters provide the narrative of the complex and deep story. You can read more on this here
- Awesome retro pixel art. Utilising modern realtime 3D dynamic lighting and shadowing that bring 3D depth to a 2D game, not seen in a top down game before!
- Manage your resources. The Carpathians environment is harzardous, you will need to maintain a supply of oxygen and prevent your suit from damage and tears, otherwise your journey will end quickly. Battle not only enemies, but the hazards of the environment, extreme temperatures, radiation, toxins and the vacuum of space.
- Craft to survive. Scavenge what you can from ship and use it to craft supplies, ammo and upgrades for your weapons and environmental suit. Over 64 schematics to find and use at your disposal, with many more planned.
- Exciting and tense combat. With advanced enemy AI against you, use tactics to overcome your enemies. With multiple weapon types and deployable items at your disposal, you have unlimited tactical options.
- Take the stealthy approach. Sometimes all out gunfights aren’t the way, use stealth with the dynamic light and shadow system to bypass obstacles and enemies.
- A whole starship to explore. This isn't some lifeless procedurally generated ship, it's a hand crafted starship with multiple themed decks to explore and hidden secrets to discover, the game oozes attention to detail.
- 3D positional hi-def audio. Using the latest in audio design techniques, you will get maximum immersion in your adventure through the Carpathian
- Keyboard, Mouse & Controller Native support for keyboard and mouse, along with all popular controllers (Xbox 360, Xbox One, Dualshock 3 & 4) with many other 3rd party controllers supported too
- Localised in many languages The game was designed and built with localisation of all text and graphics from the start, and many languages are going to be included.
- Steam Goodies Steam achievements and trading cards will be supported on release
- 60FPS! Everyone wants 60 FPS right? Heck, it runs at over 200 on my laptop…
The game takes place on the Carpathian, an interstellar starship built on 23/7/2251 EST (earth standard time). The ship was developed and built by the European space agency, alongside co-operation from the US and Chinese space agencies to terraform a mineral rich planet discovered in Epsilon Eridani. The starship, named after the Agency directors love of the Carpathian mountain range in Europe, was designed to travel with a minimal crew of engineers and scientists in order to setup the first ever large scale terraforming operation outside of our Solar System, and provide a new planet for the human race to eventually colonise. This journey was only made possible after the US space agency built and successfully tested the first interstellar jump drive in 2230. The technology allowed faster than light travel, and for the first time in humanities history, bridged the gap between our solar system and the universe.
Realising the opportunities that this gave humanity, scientists and engineers began work designing a ship that could take a crew beyond our stars, and with the advancements made in terraforming projects on Mars and Jupiter over the last 100 years, establish a colony outside of our solar system.
The Carpathian took nearly 10 years to construct, needing vast supplies of rare minerals and anti matter for the ships engines. The ship was built to house a full engineering section, workshops and warehousing, laboratories for genetics, bio engineering and botany and full medical facilities. The ship could perform a planetary landing and provide a full base of operations for the 15 year terraforming project.
The ship left earth orbit on 15/01/2252 EST with the crew in deep stasis, to survive the 50 year journey to EE/LMP1 (Later to be renamed Genesis). The ship made the journey successfully and the crew made contact with Earth on 21/08/2304 EST and work began on the terraforming project. The world was united in awe of the achievement human kind had made and for a long while, there was a constant focus of attention on this crews amazing journey and the work they were undertaking.
On 07/02/2309 EST, the now known ESA (Earth Space Agency) made a public announcement that the Carpathian and its crew had been destroyed after a natural disaster on Genesis. An earthquake of cataclysmic proportions had occurred at the base site and the ship and its crew had been lost. The world was united in mourning for the loss of the pioneering heroes of the Carpathian, and the ESA had not yet spoken of plans for another journey, as the next time a crew could reach Genesis, it would be at least another 50 years. Over time, people forgot and the world moved on.
The year is now 2335, The protagonist (A salvage hunter from one of the colonies on Mars) is flying through deep space after picking up a faint ping on long range scanners. It’s unlikely any ships would be out that far, but as an opportunist, it was worth the fuel creds to make the journey. Upon arriving at the destination, the protagonist discovers the Carpathian, floating dead in deep space. A quick scan of the historical databases, shows that this ship was supposed to have been destroyed in an earthquake, so what is it doing out here? Our protagonist knows that the data core of the ships central AI, will be worth a fortune to the right buyer and could set him/her up for life. The protagonist docks with the ship in Engineering and begins the journey to the ships data core.
So there you go, that's the premise of the game in a nutshell. The way the story will unfold as you play will be from the various terminals, log files, emails, memos and research notes that you find along the way, with the story told from the crew's perspective. You will slowly uncover what happened on the mission, see the interaction between the various crew members and learn as the story unfolds, what eventually happened to the mission and its crew. I dont want to give away anything for obvious spoiler reasons, but suffice to say that there is enough there to please the sci-fi fan.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.