You are Outlander. Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, you now find yourself on the shores of a dying world. From the consuming darkness emerges a figure cloaked in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, who burdens you with the task of hunting down the remaining Guardians of the Old World. You must journey into the vast gloom to explore ancient ruins, discover forgotten secrets and battle the horrors that lurk within.
Fueled by legendary Quake 1 technology, the veins of WRATH pump with the DNA of revered '90s shooters. WRATH embraces the timeless elements of classic titles such as DOOM, QUAKE, DUKE NUKEM 3D, BLOOD, UNREAL and HEXEN and carries them into the 21st century.
Equipped with an arsenal of 9 weapons of exceptional might and an inventory of 10 powerful artifacts, you must traverse ancient crypts, sunken ruins, corrupted temples and howling forests to bring death to your enemies. But do not underestimate your adversaries, for they are great in power and number. Your mind must be as sharp as your blade if you hope to survive the dangers ahead.
The world of WRATH is rich with engaging combat, diverse environments and captivating lore. Every element is deftly intertwined to create an authentic and enchanting experience as timeless as the games that inspired it.
• Explore a vast world shrouded in darkness, passionately crafted by the hands of expert Quake scene necromancers.
• Traverse 3 hubs and 15 enormous, interconnected levels crawling with hordes of enemies, lore and ancient secrets.
• Forge your path with an arsenal of 9 deadly weapons, each with multiple fire modes.
• Know your enemy. Many horrors lurk in the shadows, thirsting for your blood.
• Artifacts of great power lay hidden in the dark places of the world. Find them and dominate your enemies.
• Powered by the Legendary Quake 1 Tech, WRATH is an authentic, classic FPS in every way.
• Capped at 666 fps, WRATH will melt your soul and your Voodoo 2... But it's okay. Software Rendering is supported!
• Create your own worlds. WRATH is built from the ground up to be easily moddable. Make your own levels, weapons and characters. From day one, the very tools used to create WRATH will be available for all.
• Gib your friends in classic Multiplayer modes, powered by the renowned QuakeWorld netcode.
Dominate the world of WRATH with 3 other companions in 4 player co-op, LAN or online!
• Immerse yourself in a haunting soundscape born from the twisted minds of Andrew Hulshult (Quake Champions, Rise of the Triad, Dusk and Amid Evil) and Bjorn Jacobson (CyberPunk 2077, Hitman, EVE Online).
Once adrift upon the Ageless Sea, Outlander finds himself on the shores of a dying world. A radiant figure draped in white, the Shepherd of Wayward Souls, burdens Outlander with a harrowing task: journey into the sprawling gloom and slay the fallen Guardians who have plunged this world into darkness.
WRATH launches in Early Access with the first of three non-linear Hub worlds and two unlocked levels. Annihilate the horrors lurking within the ruins of the Old World with an arsenal of devastating weaponry and mystical artifacts. Early Access will continue to receive content updates that add even more levels, enemies, weapons, artifacts and music by Quake Champions composer Andrew Hulshult.
“At 3D Realms we want to evoke nostalgia from the golden era of gaming using classic FPS engines, but with a modern twist,” said Frederik Schreiber, Vice President of 3D Realms and Producer on WRATH. “With the incredible Quake engine as our vessel and developer Jeremiah ‘KillPixel’ Fox at the helm, shooter fans are in for a twisted ride.”
Fans can get their first taste of WRATH: Aeon of Ruin for PC today at 10 AM PT / 7 PM CET on Steam Early Access for $24.99 / €20,99 / £19,99 including a 5% launch discount with an additional 10% through the WRATH - Ion Fury Steam bundle. Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One will follow in 2020.
For more information, please explore the official websites for WRATH, KillPixel Games, 3D Realms and 1C Entertainment or follow the game on Twitter, Facebook, and Discord.
Dark Fantasy Horror FPS Coming to PC, Nintendo SwitchTM, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
We spoke to 3D Realms about the decision to turn to the Quake modding scene for help developing Wrath: Aeon of Ruin.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.