Aug 20 2016
Our entire team has been hard at work on our 0.8 closed alpha build. We have taken a lot of time to crush many bugs that were found in the last build. In the process we found more problems and fixed those as well. We seem to be in the final stages of this release and look forward to getting it into our closed alpha testers hands and also inviting a few more people who have signed up into the fold.
If you have not signed up to become an alpha tester, come here and sign up today.
Release 0.8 is live, here is the change log.
- Fixed all known saved game problems when saving the game while driving a vehicle
- Fixed a fun problem where you could essentially be accidentally cloned by doing specific actions
- Fixed the “machine gun” pistol hammering on ‘W’ “problem”
- We now have a VSW icon for the application, no more MonoGame default icon.
- Made a pass at fixing pathfinding for animals and make the stalkers hate you and want you to die
- Killed a terrible bug with sound not loading properly that was causing game crashes
- Cleaned up some art files that were not really needed
- Made it so you can do loops in the car without the game crashing, drive as dumb as you want as long as you want now
- Turns out we were cleaning up none of our memory consumption on your computer, doing that now
- Now when you leave home to go run down buffalpugs in your blue beast, when you return your house is still there! Exciting
- We finally fixed our problems with rotation, won’t explain, it was terrible
- We strongly improved the opening “experience” of the game, you no longer start with trees in your house, it’s a big deal.
- So if you got excited and started hitting ‘W’ while the game loaded, it would crash. Fixed that
- Our GUIs used an indexing system that was the worst thing ever, we gutted that and made it correctly
- All our guns used to draw as a pink handle, it’s a lot cooler now
- Fixed the “Car explosion” where 50 cars were created on top of each other causing hilarity
- We can now drive for at least an hour in game and have things not crash
- The car has a trunk, you can open and use
- Started to fix controller support
- Turned off building interface for now
- Made player have max health enforced
- Made a very simple options screen
- Started adjusting walking speed
- Adjusted zoom level based on resolution
- The bin to send stuff to the station now removes the stuff from the bin, so you cannot use it as a cloning machine
- The player is no longer the animation from our POC, it is a more stable animation that is easier to add equipment to.
- We moved our forum from Bot infested nightmare to indieDB - Indiedb.com where we are starting to build out content
- Made the virtual space station that orbits the planet you are settling it stores resources and will eventually build stuff for you.
- Created the bin that send items up to the new station
- Made our crafting screen use the stations inventory not the players
- Fixed our “Stop Walking” problems
- If you put down a turret, you can pick it back up again
- Added some new sounds for shooting and being smacked
- Locked player zoom when in release mode
- Made all our screens open and close with same button and exit when esc is hit
- When you die and hit new game now you start with stuff, you are not helpless anymore
- Turned tree chopping back on
- Removed the ability to equip things to your right hand, keeping is simple for now to get gameplay right
- Gave the player a miner again and fixed it so it does something
- You only attempt to shoot if your gun is loaded
- Fixed displaying pistols in the car’s trunk
- Fixed some state issues with entities
- Made the trees stop moving around when you bumped them
- Made first pass at stopping everything from picking up drops and limiting it to things with inventories
- Player upon death respawns at starting location with the car they might have been driving around
- Lasers are aligned with the gun when shooting
- Crafting has been disabled for now to fix how it works