Based in United States
Earth and the core worlds are suffering. Overpopulation and lack of resources are leading to unrest and desperation. That's where you come in. You've been recruited to colonize a planet more than 4 light years away. It's your job to save the human race from its own greed and consumption. The game is experienced from a top-down view allowing for the deliberate and creative crafting of every item, vehicle, and structure in use. Using a scriptable and dynamic artificial intelligence the AI Overlord will change up every aspect of the game. Nothing stays the same forever, making Worlds an addictively, dynamic experience with limitless replayability.
Afterthought Games came to be when a couple guys decided it would be fun to make games we would want to play. One of the first things that came up was a sandbox/rpg/scifi/open world randomness game. So Violent Sol was born.
- Procedural generation brings a kaleidoscope of biomes and creatures to life.
- An AI overlord (cue dramatic music) will inject fresh, new events into the world -- some welcome, some not so much -- based on your interactions. This could seriously become your new full-time job, an
- The entire game will be created from the ground up with Modding in mind.
- Cars, planes, and all manner of cool stuff that moves can be built and used in combat…or daily survival.
- A top-down shooter delivers high-paced action mechanics for electrifying battles.
- Make your equipment your own, from laser chain saws to custom built crystal focused projectiles, gear up the way you want on your own terms.
- Taking on an extra-terrestrial world with nothing but guts, guile and a big gun on your back.
Creature Profile - The Rhinoturtle YouTube
Creature Profile - The Buffalpug YouTube
Creature Profile ~ The Stalker YouTube
Creature Profile ~ Fire Lizard YouTube
Dev Diaries - The Backstory YouTube
Logo & Icon
Indie Games Database for Violent Sol Worlds igdb.com/games/violent-sol-world.
About Afterthought Games
Afterthought Games was started in Grand Rapids Michigan by a group of developers. We have varied skill sets but all share a common goal. We want to do this as our full-time job. We all have full-time jobs currently, though with a lot of hard work, we hope that one day this will be all we do. There are a lot of indie development companies out there and we are not that much different than any of them. We are just trying to be passionate about what we do and always have fun doing it.
More information on Afterthought Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.