We've made more improvements to the TerraTech Pre-Alpha Local Multiplayer Demo.
In response to feedback from our Kickstarter backers, our fans and the community, we have released an improved version of the most recent TerraTech playable Demo. The updated Demo contains various fixes and improvements to make your vehicle building and battling a smoother experience. In particular, we have fixed the Twitter vehicle sharing bug which occasionally crashed the game.
Check out the original Demo description below, as well as a list of fixes and improvements.
Description from original Local Multiplayer Pre-Alpha Demo:
The first TerraTech build to include the all-new Sumo Showdown local multiplayer mode. Sumo Showdown is a single screen, 4 player, local multiplayer mode in which you're challenged to bring your best vehicle creations to face off in a duel to the death. Using the Twitter vehicle sharing feature introduced in our previous Demo, it's easy to share your vehicle with a friend and then head over to their place to take them on in person. You can also play Sumo Showdown by yourself, pitting your vehicles against your friends' creations controlled by AI, or setup an AI only battle so that you can sit back and enjoy the carnage. We've also included gamepad support for the first time and some more new vehicle pieces too.
- When tall objects such as trees, rocks and crystals obscure view of the vehicle, they now become semi-transparent.
- In Sumo Showdown - Fight (Auto), you can now rotate the camera by clicking and dragging the mouse.
- In Sumo Showdown - Fight (Auto), if all vehicles are immobile and no longer inflicting any damage, then a countdown from 10 will start before a draw is declared.
- In Sumo Showdown, self right vehicles, even if they are being pushed.
- The game was crashing when trying to tweet a vehicle snapshot. This is now fixed.
- In Sumo design mode, you could not exit beam mode properly (firing a weapon was a workaround). This is now fixed.
- When loading a vehicle into Sumo design and refining the design, sometimes, the pieces used were not removed from the dispensers. This is now fixed.
- The word “SUMO” was not being displayed after the “3, 2, 1” countdown at the start of a Sumo battle.
- In Sumo battles, the digger scoops were not reset to their proper position. This is now fixed.
- The URL bit.ly/myTerraTech was missing from the tweet message template.