The age of an active space conquest by Humanity. You are a simple scout who had been sent out to explore a new planet. You must collect information about it and transfer it to the Center. But is it all that simple or is there anything you still don’t know?
You were sent out with a mission to explore a habitable planet. You were ordered to collect the necessary information and deliver it to the Center. Return of a pilot is optional. In the course of exploration you accidentally discover details of a mission and its actual objectives.
Terminal Squad: Sentinel represents a mixture of different genres, where the player must destroy the waves of enemies as a mech pilot, using the field match3 for charging of assault and protective equipment. The power of enemies and the award for their elimination grow with the progression of levels.
The combat cycle may be described as follows- We assemble a combination (manual assembling of colours one after another), required for accomplishment of a level, receive an award, spend it for promotion of skills and start the next level. During assembling of combo the enemies approach us and we must repel them by the means of collecting the stones for charging of equipment.
Besides, once in each 10 levels we receive a new item for defeating the boss, which can be used in the combat (dragging it previously with a mouse from inventory to one of equipment slots). While fighting the boss the combo must not be assembled- you must only kill the boss, who apart from a long health meter has one of occasional negative effects, which simultaneous quantity increase every 50 levels up to the level 300 (which is a certain logical conclusion of a game). After the level 300 each level has a boss.
Here we must remind that although the match3 is the main control in the game, all other mechanics is based upon the incremental upgrade, a smart selection of implemented equipment and the due regard to behaviour of the enemies.
Active equipment is implemented automatically right after it receives sufficient amount of energy. Certain equipment has a constantly operating passive effect. High-level equipment may also possess some effects, which activate by certain actions in the field match3.
Conduct of the fight:
A flow of enemies is endless and will stop only after successful assembling of required combination. If you make a mistake during such assembling, or the field would not contain the stones of a necessary colour, the combination would begin from the start.
In case if the stones are assembled automatically in the form of a cascade, such assembling will not be counted in the score. Nevertheless, nothing constrains you to pass the level – you may accumulate the credits, which are provided with a certain probability for destruction of the enemies. Besides, you must remember that the progress is incremental and you receive always more credits for destruction of the enemies at each new level.
The balance is formed in such a way that even if you do not want to consider the steps in advance in order to assemble the combination or calculate the amount of energy from assembling the stones, required for charging of equipment, the levels remain traversable. You simply accumulate the credits, upgrade the characteristics, accomplish the endless mini-missions (which apart from resources may provide the damage or the health as an award) and upgrade the skills for a comfortable game. Anyway, the planning of moves, your reaction to the happenings and the selection of mutually matching equipment are the proper way to a swift game progression.
Features and effects:
The two principal characteristics of a character are his damage and health. The basic values of characteristics may be increased through accomplishment of mini-missions. The upgrade of a minimal health is also available through an upgrade of corresponding skill against the credits.
The final values of damage are compiled as follows- the basic damage + (weapon damage * (0.1 * skill level of proficiency))
The health cannot be enhanced with equipment, but its amount is counted by the calculation of amount of treatment and the received equipment shields.
The damage, caused to the character by the enemies, is initially directed to the shields, and only the rest of the damage affects the health. The shields are not accumulated by repeated activation, but are only renewed. Every equipment shield is unique and updates only itself, correspondingly, the maximum of active shields is 4.
The principal enemies demonstrate a similar behaviour with some differences- pay attention to their features and select the equipment in accordance with those kinds of enemies, which cause you the most troubles.
For example, some enemies don’t fight in a long-range combat, but are faster and cause more damage in the close combat. Such enemies can be struggled with equipment, which slows down or immobilizes them. Other enemies, on the contrary, do not fight in the close combat but make the long-distance shots. These can be destroyed with AOE damage (or through a faster destruction of the closest enemies in order to change the aim for remote enemies). The enemies can be differentiated by their colours. Modify the process of equipping and the upgrade of skills in accordance with your game style. Besides, different characters (classes) are more efficient against the enemies of a certain colour (both the regular enemies and the bosses).
• High moving speed and additional close combat damage. Does not fight in a long-range combat.
• More frequent long-range attacks. Does not fight in a close combat.
• Has an extra-health in the form of shields 40%
• Ignores the player’s shields by an assault.
• Damage to the player in case of death.
• In case of death provides the shields to all allies in amount of 10% from the maximal hp
The bosses are the large enemies with gigantic hp, who can deploy the following effects-
• Creates the area 3х3 at the field with the stones during 10 seconds without permitting the manual dragging of the stones inside such area. Transfers the field to another occasional spot every 10 seconds.
• Inflicts the damage to the player every 10 seconds.
• Restores 5 % from the maximal hp to all enemies per second while remains alive. But not to himself.
• Delivers the shields to all enemies every 2 seconds for 10% from their maximal hp (the shields from the boss are not automatically accumulated with the shields of enemies, but are applied separately). Does not give the shield to himself
• Removes active effects from the enemy every 10 seconds (the effects which exist continuously-regeneration of the effect of shields and dodging the blows)
• Pumps away the whole energy from equipment with the largest charge every 15 seconds.
The power of class, which strengthens the damaging of enemies of a certain colour, also affects the bosses. Considering that at the levels 300+ the boss has all effects at the same time, he receives more damage from upgrade of all classes.
Events and tasks:
The mini-missions do not have restricted time of completion. They are generated between the levels in case if there exist no active tasks. An award is delivered in the form of credits by completion of the level. By reception of an award the quest will not be generated between the levels (only by the next completion).The subsequently following missions cannot be the same.
The following tasks can be presented:
• Manually assemble the stones 30 times, an award +1 to initial hp (up to the start of upgrade). The colour of stones is generated at random.
• Kill 20 enemies of particular colour, an award +1 to the damage. The colour of enemies is generated at random.
• Assemble 4 or more stones 20 times. +1 to initial hp. The stones may be of any colour.
• Kill 20 enemies of any colour, exposed to the lasting effect (any effect- immobilization, the mark or others). +1 to the damage.
• Obtain 20 cascades of any colour. An award +1 to initial hp.
Apart from characteristic the player might receive the crystals, needed for upgrade of the skills.
The player gets the crystals of those colour, which is needed for completion of a quest. In case if the colour is not required, player gets the crystals at random.
The number of awarded crystals is equal to the number of a level, in which the quest was issued. In other words, if we start the quest at the level 10 and complete it at the level 15, we receive 10 crystals.
Every class has its peculiar feature and the power, which strengthens not only the current class, but all others.
+ 2 energy to assembling of yellow stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the yellow enemies for all classes.
+ 2 energy to assembling of red stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the red enemies for all classes.
+ 2 energy to assembling of green stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the green enemies for all classes.
+ 2 energy to assembling of blue stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the blue enemies for all classes.
+ 2 energy to assembling of brown stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the brown enemies for all classes.
+ 2 energy to assembling of violet stones for the selected class. Enhanced damage to the violet enemies for all classes.
+ To the gold by assembling of 4 stones or more to the current class. Additional gold from any sources for all classes.
+ Kills any small enemy by the assembling of 4 stones or more. Additional damage to the boss for all classes.
By passing of the mouse you can see both the colour of required energy for loading of equipment and its quantity. Besides, the rest of energy by assembling of the stones will be transferred to the next equipment slot. For example-
Machine gun in slot_1 has the charge 5 (out of required 7). We assemble 5 stones of yellow colour, two units of charge are transferred to the first slot, the machine gun is activated and 3 units if yellow charge are transferred to the next yellow slot.
The equipment which inflicts damage to the enemies increases the caused damage by upgrading the skills of corresponding colour.
The curing and lasting equipment increases the power of treatment and the duration of an effect by upgrading the skills of corresponding colour.
By upgrade of the skills the equipment of corresponding colour requires more energy for charging. However, it can be decreased by the neighbouring skills.
The new equipment is provided as an award for defeating the boss every 10 levels.
Basic (from left to right= 1-6):
1. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate ten shots per second. The pools have a 50% missing probability. Damage 2.
2. Launches two self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Cause additional AOE damage 5 by the strike.
3. 2 hp per second are recovered during 5 seconds.
4. Provides a shield of endurance 10% from the maximal health. Can be renewed by repeated use.
5. Immobilizes all visible enemies for 3 seconds.
6. Marks the three closest enemies for 3 seconds. The marked enemies receive 25% more damage
Advanced (from left to right = 1-15):
1. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. The bullet has a 50% probability to shoot down an additional enemy.
2. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. Cures by * when hit.
3. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. Cures by * when hit.
4. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. Each hit provides a shield of endurance 1% from maximal health. Maximal shield endurance is 10%.
5. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. Immobilizes the enemies for 3 seconds when hit.
6. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. Marks the targets when hit. The marked enemies receive 25 % more damage.
7. Launches two self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Causes additional AOE damage 5 by the strike. The AOE damage destroys the shields of enemies.
8. Launches two self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Causes additional AOE damage 5 by the strike. The AOE damage ignores the shields of enemies.
9. Launches two self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Causes additional AOE damage 5 by the strike. The AOE damage slows down the enemies by 50 %.
10. Launches two self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Causes additional AOE damage 5 by the strike. The AOE damage weakens the damage of enemies by 25%.
11. The damage, received during 3 seconds after activation, is converted in the shield. Maximum 10 %.
12. During 3 seconds after activation the attacking enemies are deafened and cease the attack for 3 seconds.
13. The shields restore 50 % of damage to the attacking enemies during 5 seconds after activation.
14. Injures all marked enemies, causing them damage 3 per second.
15. Injures all immobilized enemies, causing them damage 3 per second.
16. Provides X-charge to the rest of equipment.
Elite (from left to right = 1-4):
1. Shoots at the closest enemy with the frequency rate 10 shots per second. The bullets have a 50% missing probability and the damage 2. The bullets explode with 50% probability, causing Х АОЕ damage. by assembling of 4 or more stones immobilizes an occasional enemy
2. Launches four self-guided missiles with the damage 15. Causes additional AOE damage 5 by the strike. By assembling of 4 or more stones marks an occasional enemy.
3. During 5 seconds after activation receives a 33% missing probability of the enemies. By assembling of 4 or more stones gives a shield 5%. Maximum 10 %.
4. During 5 seconds after activation receives a 33% missing probability of the enemies. By assembling of 4 or more stones gives 3 charges to other equipment.
Nano (from left to right = 1-2):
1. Causes X damage to all enemies. By assembling of 4 or more stones causes X damage to all enemies.
2. After activation restores the active shields and receives X health per second during X seconds. By assembling of 4 or more stones receives a barrier, protecting against the next enemy assault.
Auxiliary (from left to right = 1-8):
1. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in yellow stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of yellow stones.
2. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in red stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of red stones.
3. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in green stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of green stones.
4. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in blue stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of blue stones.
5. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in brown stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of brown stones.
6. Is charged at each move. Turns 9 occasional stones in violet stones. +2 to charge by the assembly of violet stones.
7. Is charged at each move. Provides 3 charges to all equipment. +1 to the charge by the assembly of stones of any colour.
8. Is charged at each move. Provides additional credits by the activation. Provides the credits by the assembly of 4 stones or more.
• Don’t be afraid to spend the credits to verify the accuracy of your selected path of development. You may reassign (upon achievement of level 10) the skills any time with a little penalty ( a button in the left lower corner of inventory)
• Besides, upon achievement of level 10 you receive an opportunity to destroy any stones or bonuses (dynamite and bomb) in order to control the field (right mouse button).
• Follow the completion of tasks (exclamation mark icons) and the events for better game progress.
• Feel free to change the equipment even if the fight advances easily in order to grasp the principle of its operation.
• Certain equipment works better together with other matching equipment, while some equipment works poorly without auxiliary equipment. You must understand that not only the combination of equipment can improve your results, but also its location inside the slots.
• If you have a feeling of complexity- try to switch for another character for a while and get back later, as the upgrade of class affects the other characters equally.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.