SonicGDK (short for 3D Sonic Games Development Kit) is a codebase, a collection of source codes, which allows anyone to create 3D platformer video games based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It can be freely modified and is integrated with the UDK (Unreal Development Kit), providing you with a modern game engine in which to develop your game.
SonicGDK provides the following additional features and objects to the UDK:
• Basic movement, including Sonic Physics.
• Rolling spinball, SpinDash move.
• Constrained paths, custom cameras subsystem.
• Water volumes, underwater physics, running on water.
• Smashing, pushing and hanging subsystems.
• Damage and drowning subsystems.
• Monitors, shields and orbs (wisp powers).
• Rings, springs, dash rings, dash panels, bumpers, spikes, spiked balls, giant air bubbles, giant rings, red rings.
• Reverse world gravity.
• Sonic's special moves.
• Super forms.
• Basic badniks, with Orbinaut.
• Checkpoint and music subsystems.
• Gamepad support.
• Special Stage.
• Save slots.
• Custom menus and loading movies.
• Title cards and stats screen.
These are the requirements for content authoring:
• Windows XP SP2, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
• 2.0 GHz single-core processor
• 2 GB system RAM
• DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0 compatible graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8600GT / ATI Radeon X1300 or better)
A final release of Sonic Incursion, by Ell678, was made public last November. This fangame features two playable characters, Sonic & Metal Sonic, each with different abilities and different story. Gameplay mainly happens in 2D, but third act of each zone pack some surprises. Download now and play!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.