Set sail and load the cannons! Gather resources and lost cargo, sail around to mysterious islands to hunt for treasures or hunt down other players and capture outposts, forts and ships to earn gold income. Trade with merchants to buy a bigger ship, upgrades or awesome gear or Transport cargo between towns. Form a crew, design your own flag, invite your friends and become the terror of the seven seas in Skulls & Timber, a stylized multiplayer pirate game set in a caribbean fantasy world.
Thanks for voting and helping Skulls and Timber on it's quest to become the 2021 Indie of the Year. You are now in with a chance to score some free games. Help this game secure more votes by embedding the widget (or link) we have included below on your favorite sites.
Don't forget to check out (and vote) for other amazing games in contention. Here are some recommendations:
Skulls and Timber is a 3rd person adventure/combat game in which you play as a pirate in a vast open caribbean environment. You have to sail around to find cargo, treasures and capture outposts to earn gold. Trade with NPC's to buy a bigger ship, weapons, upgrades or clothes. Form a crew and invite other players to help you commandeer big ships to attack other players and steal their cargo and treasures.
NOTE! We are still in VERY early development so A LOT of things you will see are very unfinished and lacking of details and polish. We like to share as much of our pogress as we can. New models, features, changes, patches. So things might look weird and unfinished sometimes. But we believe that honesty is key in developing a great game so please keep that in mind when browsing our media. Thanks! :)
* Early 18th century setting (ships, cannons, muskets, flintlocks, swords, ....)
* Server based multiplayer (between 50 and 100 players we estimate*)
* Day and night cycle
* Treasure hunting
* Capturable / controllable and moveable floating forts
* Outpost and trade ship capturing which generate gold income
* 8 player crew system with custom name and flag customization
* Many different ship types all with different qualities (more cannons, speed, armor, ...)
* Ship upgrading and in depth customization (You can own many ships and sell them)
* Auctioneers, banks, traders and active commerce (cargo transporting, fishing, bounty hunting, ...)
* Many items to buy/collect (weapons, clothing, upgrades, ships and even vanity)
* Resource gathering (wood, iron, cloth, ...)
* Large open world with lots of unique islands (swamps, beaches, jungles, vulcano, cliffs and more)
* Navigational items (spyglass, map, compass)
* Simple but fun gameplay mechanisms. No tedious stuff.
Also to be added later:
* Dungeons, temples, ghost towns, caverns and more
* A.I. Enemies (skeletons, spiders, giants, zombies, sea monsters and more)
* The exact number of max players per server are subject to change. We are still too early in development and haven't done any serious server stress testing yet. As soon as all the core features are done we will do extensive stress tests to accurately determine what the player cap will be.
We are going for a third person camera and we are revising all our models. Giving them a new sculpted much more detailed look.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.