It all started in my head. To catch the thought, I quickly drew the first sketch. Is it ugly right? Awful! However, enough for me. I knew what was going on :)
Then I created a model made of blocks. This is a very simple model. However, this is enough to test it in the game.
I made some corrections and started to create the final model.
the next step is texturing! You have to figure out how to optimize the texture :)
I do not know if it's the best way ... I invented it myself. However ... it works! :)
The next step is to test the materials inside the engine. It soon turned out that some improvements were needed.
When everything looks good, it's time to make a splatmap!
And it's done! :)
In conclusion: the whole process took me six weeks. I did everything myself. And I don't even need to draw nicely to do such things! :D
I didn't even show everything I had to do. ... this post is already long enough :) Now I'm getting ready for the next level! :)