- Sci-Fi Thriller - You were supposed to wake up with hundreds of people to build a peaceful community. Yet you're alone, falling to the planet's atmosphere. And a horde of creatures below waiting to hunt you down. Something bad happened to the people on the planet. it's up to you to find clues to the past and it will reveal your future.
- Formidable Enemies - A massive snake trying to figure out your every move is not the only threat. Man-sized Centipedes roam the stations and crush everything with their superhuman strength. Centipedes can be taken care of but they'll not go down easily. You'll need to outwit them with every tool and gadget at your disposal.
- Stealth - Creatures have different sets of senses. They can hear, smell or see their surroundings. But they have weaknesses too. You'll hide under tables, air ducts, out of their sights. Or you can confuse them using the interactive environment.
- Open-World Exploration - After the main mission starts, you'll have a set of objectives and it can be completed in any way or any order. The vast world of Gliese will be open and you'll explore the wastelands however you want.
- Interactive World - Nearly every object can be interacted and will have a use one way or the other. Some may not affect you directly but a keen mind can use unconventional tactics to their advantage.
- Resource Management - You'll manage your core resources and will decide what to take with you or what to leave behind. Every decision in that regard will open another option for you but close the other one.
- Develop Your Play Style - There's more than one way to play the game. You can go fast and quick, or slow and steady. You can mix aggressiveness with stealth or trap your enemies with intricate tactics. As you progress in the game, you'll develop your style and that will be unique to you.
Here we are with another demo festival. You can download the demo right now! We’ve been working on The Snake (or also called Chirk). So expect an article about it in the future! We wanted to make a demo around the snake but after a lot of prototyping, we realized that playing with it on a short time scale (like 5-10 min) wouldn’t be fun. The game also lacks many core features of player-snake interactions meanwhile there are enough mechanics to have fun with The Centipede. Even though Red Frontier’s protagonist is The Chirk, we just didn’t have enough time to create those core features. But stay tuned for future demos or playtests! Meanwhile, if you want to get a taste of that terror of the snake, you can play the Red Frontier 1.
We wanted to make a new experience so badly. But we just didn’t have any gameplay features and time to make those features. So we’ve updated the steam summer festival demo. While making that demo, we had to cut out portions of content to match the deadline. We’ve worked to add those content back into the demo.
The ending of the old demo finishes with the fake 3D of the snake eating you. There was nothing interactable. It’s just a linear non-interactable animation that you have to sit through. And like I’ve said we’ve worked on the core features of The Snake. So we’ve wanted to add it and the demo’s ending has changed! We’ve also added a new room to adjust the pacing. I’m not going too much detail on Snake (Stay tuned for next article!) but I can say that the snake you’ll be seeing on the demo will 0 real with it’s AI and body IK systems.
We also didn’t like the old look of the hack system. We wanted to add some mini-game so we’ve rushed it. Now, we updated the visual both UI and in-game appearance.
The centipede had lots of troubles at the demo. We’ve patched it like 4 times. With this new demo, we’ve updated the centipede’s codebase. We also adjusted the difficulty so it wouldn’t be much annoying
There are different layers of sounds stack on top of each other with their weights affected by lots of things
-There are at least one in every mall
-Level design adjustments to achieve more fluid gameplay
-We’ve found in the old demo that the players didn’t notice throwing objects will cause a sound that will attract hostiles. So we've made a new visualization system
That’s it for this article! There were other features (like progression) we wanted to add but we both are working on this game in our free times. So we tried our best with the time we had. Anyway, be sure to try out the new demo!
The immersive-sim sandbox horror game Red Frontier 2's store page has just released on Steam! Wishlist NOW to be a part of the development!
We talked about which features are in the Steam Game Festival Demo.
Before the flashy stuff, We want to share our vision of the game with you. This won’t be a long article, but we’ll tell you what to expect from the...
The article is about how Red Frontier 1 started And What is the vision of the new one.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.