Hello! The first major update for Nelo’s Alpha is here! We’ve got lots of new things so let’s dig in!
- Control Layout for Gamepad and Mouse and Keyboard have been reassigned.
- improved crouch responsiveness
- Soft jumping removed
- Crouching can be triggered when in sprint when at lower speeds like when running into a wall
- Air dash has controllable distances based on how long the dash button has been held.
- Air dash now uses the same counter as dodges
- Air dash, like ground dodges now have i-frames when triggered
- Air dashing can cancel melee attacks performed in the air, in exception of drop attacks.
- Dodging and Hyperblitz can now be performed while wallrunning.
- Player Gravity scale lowers when performing aim and some melee attacks when in the air.
- player will resume Hyperblitz when holding down the sprint button after landing. This also applies when initiating wallrunning.
- Aim can trigger Bullet Time when using Melee attacks and in OmniFire.
- Added ability to cycle through alternative firing formations in OmniFire.
- Stunbomb don't require holding down the 'bomb' button.
- Shield has timing feature that can extend shield lifespan.
- Create Weapons, Power-ups, and Utilities using materials found in the world.
- Destructible objects will drop resources for Crafting.
- Scanner Nodes and Fusion Nodes are now a Crafting Resource. and Node Gates require a Key made from the Nodes.
- Crafting Resources can also be found in Platforming sections.
- Standard Weapon Lockers have been replaced with Resource Builders where you can trade credits and tokens earned from combat for Crafting Resources.
- Weapon Lockers needed for specific areas remain weapon lockers. They now however use a different mesh asset to distinguish from the Resource Builder
New Endurance Map Consolation
- Local 2 player splitscreen is now a feature in Endurance mode.
- As for this build, Mouse and Keyboard support isn't fully functional. You can try it but expect many problems if you do. We recommend plugging 2 gamepads into your PC.
New Progression System
- Progression designed around highest scores and difficulties.
- Progression system chart can be accessed in the Profile Menu.
Unlockable Loadout Customs
- Unlock Customizable Loadouts for Endurance.
Improvements to Solace and Aurora's Sacrifice.
- Made Solace more first impression friendly.
- Added 'invisible walls' around the rooftops on Solace. We are usually against putting glass walls in front of spectacle set pieces but for being a first level, it's necessary.
- Solace has been brightened to be easier to see combat.
- New Lighting on Aurora's Sacrifice to be more visually interesting
- Aurora's Sacrifice utilizes level streaming now. Wings are now loaded behind level stream gates.
- Removed All Lava pits in Aurora's Sacrifice.
- Added Aim and OmniFire Tutorial prompts on Solace.
- Recreated scoreboard to display a nearly unlimited highscores. Highscores are displayed on scrollable cards and are color coded by difficulty.
- Prompt Next to technique meter notifying low technique has been added to the HUD to somewhat clarify discouraging repetitive gameplay strategies.
- Hud layout has been re-arranged a bit. Technique meter and Slow-mo meter have been moved above the crosshairs framing the health and stamina bars.
- Throwing enemies have been buffed. Throw velocity has been decreased to prevent overshooting, grab radius has been increased and enemy explosion damage has been increased.
- Field of view increases to 120 when in OmniFire.
- OmniFire world transparency shader has been modified. We replaced the Dither AA effect and replaced it with a fading grid pattern to reduce onscreen blurring.
-Motion Blur Amount has been decreased to of what was in previous builds. Motion blur is also only visible when in the third person shooting mode so it's disabled when in Omnifire and using Melee Attacks.
-Improved Ledge-climb when mounting onto moving objects.
-FMV cut-scenes are now formatted to H.264 instead of WMV. The clips in the Melee Help Menu however are still WMV.
- FMVs now play audio through FMOD.
- UE4's default audio engine has been completely disabled. The game's audio is now handled entirely in FMOD
- Endurance Announcer Cues have been remade.
- Fixed Endurance exploitation. Holding Territories will not increase your level multiplier if you don't fight enemies.
- Added Destructible Set Dressing Boulders on the Moon level to obtain resources.
- Gamepad Help menu Mouse and Keyboard Help menu and Hud Help menu have been updated to the new changes.
- Elevator Scene on Solace has been modified. Camera shake effect has been decreased and we added windows with panning lights to enforce the sensation of being in an elevator.
- Fixed Lift to Hyper Cannon on White Blazar to be ready immediately after repairing the fusion reactor.
- Enlarged Dodge Icons and brightened their penalize blinks to be more visible.
- Level streaming gates no longer trigger from weapon fire. Level streaming gate only accept overlap from the Nelo player character class for triggering.
- Added disclaimer in rally point selection stating that rally points only work on missions and difficulties you have already completed.
- Further improvements added to the Patrol Dropships. Patrol Dropships will return multiple factions of scouts to the actor pool to prevent broken wave generators.
- Aim/Omni Context widget removed
- Crosshair size reduced.
- Material effect added to player model when using shield along with existing effects. The primary shield effects hide when aiming allowing the material effect to show the player in shielded.
- Added destroyed mesh for destructible truck asset.
- destructible world assets are no longer hazardous.
- Dodge penalty now ends on 3rd dodge recover instead of 4th
- Taking damage while in Nova or Quasar buff affects combos again, utilizing shield extension should make up for this.
- Fixed buttons losing focus in Singleplayer Chapter Select Menu.
We will be adding more fixes soon. Please remember to report bugs on the Steam forum so we can eliminate them. The more detail you describe them with, the easier it is for us to hunt them down on our end.
We also strongly advise you verify integrity of the files after the update is finished downloading.
Thank you again,
- Kevin & Michelle <3
Nelo is Available now on Steam Early Access. Store.steampowered.com