We made a lot of progress on our game Mogu in the past week. As promised in our last dev blog, we focused primarily on the aesthetics of our game. The gameplay and level design was at a point we were pretty happy with, so we did only some minor reorganizing and tweaks in those areas. For the aesthetics, we replaced almost every art asset in the game. Even the titular mushroom character got a bit of a facelift. Hopefully the updated aesthetics are enough to catch a player's eye and draw them into the puzzles. The menu also got a huge overhaul including a palette update, introducing art, and animations.
Our plans for the next week are all focused on polishing the game. We are considering several more aesthetic changes, especially around making the world feel more interactive and alive. This might include particle effects, updated visuals for the panels, and who knows what else.
List of changes:
Hello people. We are making a game called Mogu! The gameplay is a platforming based puzzle that revolves around flipping and rotating panels. When the...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.