"Kyohi" is an upcoming adventure / horror indie game set in a dark and mysterious semi-open world.
The game will feature -
- A 1-2 hours long single-player campaign
- Dark and eery visual style
- Large areas for the player to explore freely
- Ethereal / surreal atmosphere
- Gameplay focused on exploration and puzzle solving
- Immersive cinematic OST
- Simple / accessible gameplay mechanics
- Meticulous sound design / sfx
- Horror elements applied through slow tension building, with no reliance on jump scares at all
- Well optimized graphics, will run and look good even in mid to low-end modern computers
Story (will be updated soon) -
- The game is set in the year 1947, two years after the ending of World War II. You will play as a former japanese soldier who is finally returning home after being nearly killed during the atomic bombing of Nagasaki. When you return to your home in Tokyo, you find a letter with a map and a note saying "Come to Kyohi. You will be forgiven.". The note is signed with the name of your sister who died when she was 12 years old.
Hello watchers and thanks for the interest and support you have given to "Kyohi" so far.
I must announce, however, that development for this project has now stopped and will remain this way for an indefinate period of time. I'm currently working on a lot of stuff at the same time and, as I'm having ever less free time to spend, I'm sure that I'm currently not able to dedicate the effort needed to make this game work as it should.
In the meantime, you might consider checking out a new simple adventure / platforming game that I'm developing, Curse of Light, whose concept I think will be much easier for me to achieve in a near future. "Kyohi" is still my priority game project after finishing "Curse of Light", so I can almost guarantee you that it won't be that long before I start working on new stuff for this game.
Since quite some time has already passed since the development for "Kyohi" started, it is now time to release the first info related to the game's plot.
It's now time to share the first work that has been done for "Kyohi"!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.