Long time since the last news post. Time flies by really quickly especially if you don't pay attention to it as you are deep in your work.
Like always the big junk of work went into the game engine and script code for the game. A lot has happened and many functionality has been added. As this would blow this news post I will just give a very short rundown.
- Attachment System: Provides a sophisticated approach to attaching elements to each other. Read the full article for an in depth discussion.
- Physics System work: Added more physics interaction and first tests on joints, hinges ( rag doll ) with the Bullet library.
- Reworked Collision Volumes: Full support for sphere, box ( axis aligned or oriented ) in kinematic tests. More volumes will be added. Everything based on COLLADA for interoperability.
- Module Console: Debug self written modules using a debug console
- Localization Support: Localization made easy using a system composed of localization, translators and language packs. Language packs are resources loadable from files again with their own Language Pack Module so it can be exchanged. Includes support for Unicode/UTF8 and all the good things coming with it.
- Numerous additions and reworks on the game scripts for more possible interactions as well as rework on dialog screens. Inventory system is taking shape ( weight, packing size, packing volume influence what you can carry )
Besides this some work on artwork should not be neglected. Here some of the work which is free for the public to see. Some others are in work and not fully done so they won't show yet ;)
Stay tuned for more in the future.