• Register

You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
10 things we would like to ask Illwinter to add (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : The Halfway Inn - General Discussion : 10 things we would like to ask Illwinter to add) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Jan 24 2014 Anchor

So the game has been out for a while and we have had numerous very nice ideas for improvements floating around the forums. I suspect many of them will be missed by Illwinter though, who of course have limited time to select and read such suggestions. What I'd like to do is see if we, as a community, can get together a list of 10 (seemingly) simple changes/additions to the game which we pretty much all concur would be great. And I do mean simple - an entirely new building system or recruiting system or something like that might be a great suggestion, but not in this thread please. I will then take the final list of 10 things to the dev forum and put it directly to Illwinter so we will know it will at least be read. Whether they want to follow any of the suggestions/requests is of course entirely up to them.

An example of what I mean by a 'simple' suggestion would be something like 'add a hotkey to do X' or 'add a modding command for for an existing thing' or 'have thing X behave in the same way as thing Y'.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Would a "Game Controls" subscreen in the preferences where we can see and change keybindings be too major?

Jan 24 2014 Anchor
Jan 24 2014 Anchor
Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Add an option to specify a level of throne in the map (there is an option to mark a province for a throne, there should be one to specify which level should it be).

Thrones balance - all should be worth taking (that's an issue with the one giving death) and the one giving awe is way OP.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Thrones are moddable! I'd rather not ask for things which we can do ourselves, if possible.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Fast to Recruit commanders.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

They are? Great, my bad then. So I stick with just my first idea :) Can you add new thrones too?

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

It would be pretty sweet to be able to specify what kind of defenders you want for the throne.

Pre-placing thrones on custom maps apparently causes some problems currently right? It would be nice if they fixed that.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Laboratory Tag - making it a requirement that certain troops need a lab in order to be built.
Terrain Fortless Tag - in order to build a unit, a certain terrain without a fort is needed
Terrain Fort Tag - in order to build a unit, a certain terrain with a fort is needed
Items Visible even if you don't have a high enough path to build the item
More chaos power type abilities but for every scale - Magic Power, growth or death power and the like.
Building roads in terrain without a fort
Building roads in all terrain (its fantasy people).
Tags that allow for faster construction for certain units.

I hope some of those might be of interest to people.

More specific changes - boosting the power of Production Scales, magic scales and luck scales so that they will be more in line with Order and Growth
Positive population growth in Dominions without a growth scale.

ServalInk
ServalInk He Who Eats The Bananas In The Night
Jan 24 2014 Anchor

- Find a way to change the look of a map to reflect dominion changes or high level ritual effects (burning forests/new forests, biblical flood/emptying of oceans, volcanoes, etc.).
- Order hotkey "e" for commanders too
- Improve the turn result page ("M"). Start with funky nation-customized salutation to the lord of the realm. List the sum of all our troops and commanders (e.g. 17 Scouts, 22 Priests, 339 Pikemen, etc.), the sum of provincial defense units, the sum of provinces owned, the sum of population. Signal numbers hired and lost this turn. Pie charts all over the place.
- Make it possible to arrange PD too when preparing formations for battle -so that cold/warm units can stay away from militia or whatever.
- Very small possibility of betrayal of commanders located in heavy hostile dominion, morale-dependent? (event?) the commander would join the other nation, and fight for it, along with his units.
- Order (from the F1 screen maybe?) to remove unwanted units/commanders (would join population)

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

I just want to reiterate - SIMPLE changes or additions. I want them to be able to look at the list and say 'ok, if this is what the players want' and be able to actually implement. If it's something which is a whole load of work they would clearly much rather do that work on something they thought of, not something they're being asked to do.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

legowarrior wrote: Laboratory Tag - making it a requirement that certain troops need a lab in order to be built.

Already exist by the way. (the rest don't however)

Edited by: Ohlmann

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Ohlmann wrote:

legowarrior wrote: Laboratory Tag - making it a requirement that certain troops need a lab in order to be built.

Already exist by the way. (the rest don't however)

I hadn't realized it. I hadn't seen any examples of it.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Fort modding - ability to define build time, cost, defense, admin, available addons... And possibility to have more than 2 options for forts available.

And a fort addon that makes it possible for units to retreat from a siege without dying.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Being able to ADD new poptypes would also be very nice.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

My tiny and humble suggestions, oh how I wish that threads such as these might be consolidated....

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Consolidation is the idea. Bringing them 10 doable things the community agrees that it wants. If this works, we can do 10 more and so on.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

- Display unburied corpses in all provinces
- Sortable province overview
- Ability to search and jump to provinces either by name or provinces ID
- Fixing some battles (assassinations, etc.) that don't allow you to jump to the commander/province involved from the message screen

- More relaxed commander limit
- Something that I wanted to bring up but forgot

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

have tax system from dom3 back

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Make blood slaves always go to the pool, regardless of whether there's a lab in the prvince or not. Honestly, this is the only thing i really care about, heck, make it a toggle. I don't think the current blood micro adds anything but unnecessary micro, feel free to reduce general blood income by 10% to account for the travel time that is now eliminated.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

- Fort modding
- Bless modding
- Ability to add background graphic to the unit cards in the main screen
- Roads without fort
- "Transfer all slaves in the province to this commander" command

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

moar nations
moar spells (and not just summons)
moar national spells (and not just summons)
Please?

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

a way to see all items that all commanders in a certain province can create in one screen.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

Oh, and I want to see Oceania redone, as detailed in this thread

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.