Brink of Extinction is a challenging tower defense game set in the ruins of human civilization.
Battle swarms of insects over 15 campaign levels and 8 endless mode levels. At your disposal you have an arsenal of brutal weapons, ranging from machine gun turrets to plasma and rail turrets.
Following dramatic changes to the eco system, insects started mutating, growing into large and vicious creatures. You lead an advanced group of human survivors tasked with the collection of resources and protection of the remaining human populous.
Gather 72 achievements to unlock the entire achievement display area, a trip through the different scenes encountered in the game. View turrets and enemies in detail as you encounter and unlock them in the campaign, and learn about their respective weaknesses and strengths.
I've now set the builds for version Fire Spider live.
The main focus for this update has been to lower loading times, as that had become problematic over time.
The main source of the issue was leaking materials, which has now been fixed. This should lower loading times substantially. There will still be some loading times when the game first loads assets, so in particular when loading a level the first time.
This is the full list of fixes:
- Lowered the amount of objects in each object pool.
- Removed leaked materials in scenes and replaced these with global materials. This was a huge one, because the leak primarly affected decals, causing materials to be duplicated.
- Applied material property blocks to selectable and fading objects to prevent material leaks when objects fade in and out or colortransition.
- Added a fast forward button.
- Added enemy path visualisation at the beginning of the start of campaign levels.
- Fixed a bug where the screen would flash red at the beginning of each level as if taking damage.
- Optimized how sounds load.
- Optimized texture sizes.
- Optimized base localisation at start.
- Cleaned up redundant objects left in some scenes.
- Increased enemy speeds slightly.
- Increased the base turret range slightly.
- Compressed the game as LZ4HC, which will also helps loading times and lowers the size of the build.
That's all for this time!
/ Dispersing Minds
Details surrounding version Blitz Ant of Brink of Extinction, released on Steam and GameJolt now!
An overview of what has gone into version Blitz Ant as I begin final testing.
The future of BoE and some experiences I've gained about being an indiedev having released my first game.
Brink of Extinction gets a permanent price drop to $9.99.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.