A brainless and humorous RPG, where for once you don't play the shining hero who saves the world. Instead, you take on the role of Horst (name can be changed ingame), a standard idiot like everyone probably knows (we all know that one idiot, be it at work or somewhere else, who gets on our nerves every day with his idiotic babbling). His best friend is a woodlouse, whose language only he can understand (of course, everyone else thinks he's an idiot who talks to a woodlouse) and who faithfully accompanies him on all his travels.
The brainless demo is finally here 😊
I actually didn't change much from the first version that was in Don's stream. It was important to me to get the English translation done first for more range. A few small bugs were fixed, but they held me up so much in terms of time that it wasn't enough to make more changes. Some plugins made quite a mess for me ☹.
Here are the patch notes for demo 0.12:
- Made some sound effects quieter.
- The JS error at the start seemed to be related to TDD. So I swapped the Parallax plugin for another one.
- The switches in the options are now consistently called AN/AUS (German) and ON/OFF (English).
- Made an English translation.
- When entering the world property, the question is now written next to the selection box in case it is forgotten.
- Added disclaimer at game start. Don't want to attack anyone - the game is supposed to be fun.
Of course I'll bring you some more screenshots, here they are:
Unfortunately, there are still a few bugs that I don't know how to fix.
Videos are sometimes stuck and require a restart of the game (press F5).
Font in the menu is sometimes black - just close the menu and open it again.
Language in the menu sometimes shows a wrong entry - just click it again.
Two small tips.
Feel free to tell me if there is anything you like or notice 😊
New Titlescreen, new sprite and face graphic for the woodlouse, the house of the magician and the house where Horst lives.