Bionicle: Quest for Mata Nui is a free fan made open-world RPG set in the universe of Lego Bionicle. The project has been in development for six years and it is set during the first year of Bionicle. It follows the story of the Toa on their quest to collect the 6 great masks of power to rid the island Mata Nui of the evil influence called Makuta. Be sure to join our discord channel for regular updates!
I want to give you a closer look at how the player controls for the combat work. This video also has some attacks not seen in the gameplay, aswell as a closer look at Le-Wahi:
Player Combat Controls:
Keep in mind that everything is work in progress and that the controls and attacks might be further enhanced in the future.
- Melee Attack (Left Mouse): Fast, basic attack
- Dodge (Space): Basic dodge - Heavy Attack (E): Slow but powerful attack. Can be repeated into a 2x Combo. The second hit does significantly more damage, but is harder to connect with.
- Elemental Attack (Right Mouse): Basic elemental ranged attack. Stuns the enemy. Drains elemental energy, the white bar at the top left.
- Elemental Abilities (T): Not seen in any gameplay footage yet, but you will be able to select from a variety of elemental abilities, such as creating a field of fire as Tahu.
Special Attacks are on a cooldown that can be seen on the top left of the screen, the glowing gear beneath the elemental bar. All special attacks stun the enemy.
- Special Rush Attack (Press R): Rush forward with a flurry of blows.
- Special Breaker Attack (Hold R): A slower attack that stuns longer and does more damage
- Special Heavy Attack (Perform a Heavy Attack [E] followed by pressing R): Most powerful melee attack outside of mask specific attacks. Very high damage, but has a significant setup time.
- Switch Masks (Press Q to cycle through them or hit number keys)
- Activate Mask (Press F) - Secondary Mask Ability (Press G): Some masks have secondary abilities, like the Miru´s boost forward that can be seen in the 12-minute gameplay walkthrough.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.