In the world of ASTROKILL, kinetic weapons dominate the battlefield. Deliver destruction with machine guns, flak cannons, homing missiles and rail guns. You will wipe out entire squads and bring down frigates in glorious explosions. But, be wary of camping interceptors, homing space-mines, and ace-pilots. To succeed in this unforgiving zero-G battlefield, you must master your ship and its weapons. You will blow away spaceships with machine guns, flak cannons, homing missiles, and rail guns.
To survive, you will master your spacecraft and strategically manage your squad. Command squad-members to guard areas or strictly hold positions. By flying as a medic, you will repair and rearm your fellow wingmen. Protect yourself from enemy fire with anti-gravity. Use asteroids and debris as concealment from enemy-detection. Support friendly capital-ships as they reign down hellfire on enemy-positions. And, above all us, out-maneuver and outgun all who cross your path.
- Upgraded to Unreal 4.21.1
- Redesigned entire HUD with customizable colors
- Replaced all existing asteroids and debris with new meshes and textures (more varied and realistic)
- Mission load-times reduced significantly
- Added color-themes that affect the entire HUD and some menus
- 4K displays are now properly supported (HUD-resolution scales up/down accordingly)
- Desktop resolution is now used by default on first startup
- Created a new objective-system that displays major and minor objectives (and their progress) on the HUD
- Relative movement is now shown in the center of the HUD with a colorized moving reticle
- Added several more objectives to each mission
- Rebalanced all missions and updated difficulty levels
- Damaged frigates now display accurate hull-damage
- Players are now warned as they near the edge of the playable area
- Health-icons are now shown near hangar-bays
- Squad-members now arrange in a dynamically adjusted formation behind the squad-leader
- Increased squad-member spacing to greatly reduce the chance of ship-collisions
- Redesigned entire HUD for a more realistic look and greater practicality
- Reticles now fade and change size to reduce on-screen clutter
- Dotted lines are now drawn to leading reticles
- Reticles are now shown for missiles and mines
- Created a new radar-ball that shows the relative location of targets more clearly (can be zoomed in/out via CTRL+mouse wheel)
- Reticles are now rendered using the custom depth buffer
- Replaced existing 2D-billboards with a new 3D-billboard system (works better with VR)
- Radio-icons are now colorized based on friendly/hostile origin
- Opponents of different types are now displayed with different reticle-shapes
- Created a new instrument-system that allows for each instrument to operate independently (significantly increases overall cockpit performance)
- On-screen status messages are now more user-friendly (cryptic opponent codes no longer used)
- Distance and relative motion to target are now displayed on the target-panel in a single readout
- Tracers are now rendered using a new technique that takes into account both absolute and relative movement (much more realistic appearance)
- Projectile-impact flashes and light-beacons are now rendered using a sphere instead of a 2D-billboard (improves impact visibility)
- Lasers are now rendered using a 3D-mesh instead of a particle-system
- Rearranged asteroids and debris in all missions (very tedious)
- Created a new debris-system that allows for larger moveable fragments and raining debris (seen in some missions like Firefight)
- Created icy asteroids and debris for "cold" levels
- Created destructible, glowing embers for "fiery" levels
- Added live scenery behind main-menu (dropships and fighters attack each other)
- Cursor is now controllable in VR and non-VR modes by all controllers
- Hardware cursor is no longer used (blue/flashy cursor now used in all modes)
- Stats in various menus are now colorized to indicate "good" or "bad" numbers
- Stylized AK and Doomsday logos
- Mission-buttons are now disabled on locked missions (lock-icons are no longer shown)
- Last played mission (or next campaign mission) is now displayed by default in the Missions menu
- Updated all mission splashes and descriptions
- AI is now capable of targeting frigates (if they have any weapons that can damage them)
- AI now detect missiles and mines (and share the information to teammates)
- Modifier keys can now be used when creating key-mappings (ctrl, alt, shift, etc.)
- Increased radius of debris-explosion sounds
- Master volume is now limited to a minimum of 5%
- Added new "super laser" muzzle-sound (more intimidating)
- Fixed issue with game-over menu not displaying in rare cases (spectator-camera would become misaligned if target was destroyed)
- Current resolution is now correctly shown in the Graphics menu
- Fixed null-spawn warning that occurred when missiles were fired
- Fixed some preset resolution-strings with incorrect characters
- Eliminated invalid-object-type warning
- Fixed issue with laser-beams becoming misaligned with ship
The latest updates for ASTROKILL feature new fighter and frigate skins, an improved VR experience, faster load times, and new Steam achievements.
Our latest patch brings new missions, smarter AI, and more balanced gameplay.
Our latest patch introduces new environments and levels, full Linux support, and a new Conquest-style of gameplay.
The latest patch adds joystick support and improved sound-effects.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.