Retro Rising RAMPAGE (RRR) is a fast-paced FPS arcadey homage to 8-bit NES, built entirely in the Spark Rising engine. Some of the features in this experiment will make it into Spark Rising, which is a build + battle sandbox game, while others won’t based on your feedback.
- The game is AS IS. While this is an experiment, we did our best to minimize bugs and keep the gameplay tight.
- The objective is to take out the 5 targets around the map. Taking out the enemy spawn portals is bonus. What's your high score?
- Here are some of the things we are experimenting with:
- Enemy AI that can find its away around terrain that gradually gets destroyed
- Level design based around voxels
- Simple animations
- Charge shot that does massive AOE damage
- When enemies get hit by charge shot, they go flying in all directions
- More dramatic destruction of terrain with charge shot
- If you want more, we suggest you pre-order Spark Rising today so you can gain early access to the alpha within the next few months!
- For behind the scenes developer notes on this gaiden game, stop by here.
- Love the concept art above? Here, you can have it as a free wallpaper!