Vigilantes, the neo noir turn based tactical RPG for PC is now available on Steam at a reduced early access price of $10.79 / €10.79 / £8.39!
Vigilantes offers a fresh take on the turn based tactical genre: rather the fighting aliens, orcs, or zombies, players assume the role of Sam Contino, an idealist dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism after intervening in a violent mugging. Drawn into conflict with the Reiker City's criminal underworld Sam and his team must work to bring down the mafia, the militaristic survivalists, and the cultist, Church of the Final Exodus.
- Full Featured Turn Based Combat: attacks of opportunity, overwatch, delayed turns, a cover system, multiple attack modes for weapons, activated abilities, body part targeting, and much more.
- Intel gathering is crucial for overall progress in Vigilantes. Basic information about a gang's presence in a city district can be gained through surveillance. However, to locate each gangs' leadership and facilities, players must interrogate mid ranking gang members, using a variety of techniques, including administering truth serum.
- Deep Character Development: Vigilantes provides deep character development with the UPLIFT system, comprising 6 stats, 9 skills, and a host of perks, allowing players to customise their team to suit their play-style.
- Build a Base: 5 facilities (gym, library, firing range, workshop, surgery) which can be upgraded to provide enhanced crafting options, buffs and free items.
- Reactive Strategic AI: Each gang gains income based on their criminal activities. Depending on what the player does, the strategic AI will invest in recruitment, building buff providing facilities, or purchasing upgrades to improve their equipment, training, and cash flow.
- A Novel Setting: A group of vigilantes in armed conflict with the criminal underworld of the declining city of Reiker provides a fresh setting for turn based tactical games.
- Rival System: If an enemy is losing the fight, they may attempt to flee. Should they manage to escape, they will become more powerful, and must be faced again in the future.
- Treatment Of Violence: Each criminal has a name, and it's up to you to whether to use lethal attacks to inflict greater damage, or subdue them with non lethal methods. Can Sam save the city without being driven insane by violence, or will he become another object lesson on the dangers of idealism?
You can join the fight against crime on Vigilante's Steam page!