The past six months were a ride beyond good and evil for me. Sirius has fallen, risen, barely avoided its own demise. But let me roll up all the stuff that happened since I forgot about IndieDB and the downfall of Desura - since I was a part of that.
First of all, the Greenlight Campaign; 24 days it took from posted to being accepted, and only 6 days after that I was able to release Sirius on Steam. The Votes, however, were really evened out. 51% Yes to 49% No - and I was about to experience that in the following months - Ratings on steam itself crashed, at one time being at 35% Positive. I was devastated.
Patching and Working on the game commenced, a stable server was made for the game, tradelanes left the game and recently came back, more ships were created, a new UI and 2D graphics renderer joined and now, here I am, on IndieDB, because I got remembered by a mail that some of you might want to hear what happened to Sirius. 59% Positive as we're speaking, new players coming in every half an hour...
It has been a ride. 2015 was good.
- Langley, Tier 4 Combat Ship (Req 40Combat)
- Endeavour, Tier 1 Mining Ship (No Req)
- Fixed Location Belts. 8 Belts never changing Positions
- New Tradelane Connections
- New Icons for Tradelanes
- Ship Level Limit is now in effect.
- improved Tradelane handling. You should not fall out of it that often anymore.
- Death Message now displays the correct Name.
- You should be unable to buy ships when not having enough money.
- Reduced XP from Mining Low Level Ores
- Increased Amount of Rocks per Belt
Sirius will be hopefully in the IOTYs this year again - make it happen!
Sirius is Back! With Combat, Online Playing, Mining, Repairing, Dogfights, Tradelanes, Economy and a TON of new features. A persistant online Server exists...
Dex explains fun stuff, like how he became to accidentally implement LAN Multiplayer, what is up with the sudden amount of new releases, and how Sirius...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.