This is a single player experience for all terminator fans using the unreal engine III by Epic Games. set in the year 2029 you are placed in the boots a of soldier serving for humankind against the ruthless army of machines. The final campaign will feature nine chapters of a roller coaster ride, inspired by James Cameron's masterpiece franchise. Confront the many killing machines at skynet's disposal including the HK aerial, the HK tank, the mini HK, and the legendary T800 with an arsenal of futuristic plasma weapons. game by Kevin M. Bryant. custom content by Kevin M. Bryant. custom audio by Ben Sterry. original score by Thom Maggs. gears of war content by Epic Games. unreal technology by Epic Games. Terminator Franchise in honor to James Cameron.

Report article RSS Feed Fps Terminator Alpha 2.0.1 Released

Many unexpected error have happened with the release of alpha 2.0 but thanks to the community's feedback, I'm able to make a hotfix for most of the reasonable issues.

Posted by Narlyteeth on Jun 4th, 2011

Download Here
Indiedb.com

And the Readme Pack Here
Indiedb.com

Once again, Thank you IndieDB/ModDB for giving me constructive feeback to help with quality assurance on this project. I know some may question why to release unfinished demos, or why not just wait 'till the final product before releasing anything? Fps Terminator is, for the most part, a one man team and I don't have QA testers by my side. You guys are my QA testers, and I apologize if these alpha demos don't live up to your hype. I never really wanted to hype up FPS Terminator because people get unreasonable expectations from a single, 20 year old, indie game developer, and it just makes production harder with so much pressure. This community has been good, and open minded when it comes to QA advisory, something the Gametrailers and Gamespot community will never be, and I don't expect your ways to change.

Screenshot

Anyway here is a list of fixes I've done for this release.

-no additional installation instructions, just run the installer only
-the useless Melee attack has been taken out
-hitting f1 will not bring up a scoreboard
-first person player mesh now vanishes on death
-no more time limit
-spawning on an endo skeleton will now kill it instead of grabbing you over and over and over
-a usable chaingun has been put in act3
-The HK tanks now have collision
-a JPEG illustrating the control layout has been included
-the resolution option 1600x900 has been included
-the neon terrain in act 1 is supposedly fixed (this problem never happened on my computer so I can't truelly declare it fixed)

This fix confirmations are based on the test runs with my computer and may not be the same with others but it's up to you to let me know about these problems, don't just tell me "it's buggy", but instead, explain the problems and what kind of bugs there are in better detail.

Screenshot

So I hope you guys can enjoy this hotfix demo for FPS Terminator, and continue to rock on ModDB/IndieDB

-Kevin Bryant

Paxton
Paxton Jun 6 2011, 2:46am says:

1600x900!
I love you, Mr. Byant.

Garyn Dakari
Garyn Dakari Jun 6 2011, 2:55am says:

Nice! I played the other demo, but there were a lot of bugs. Still great though, but I found that the rocks in act 1 had really weird collision...I felt like I was flying while on them; and sometimes, I was. Is that thing fixed in this version? Nevermind, I'll test it myself :) Great work so far, you rock!

AirborneSn1p3r
AirborneSn1p3r Jun 6 2011, 6:01am says:

cool looking forward to trying it

luqadoo
luqadoo Jun 6 2011, 6:11am says:

Hmm... File deleted.
Guess I'll have to wait then. :(

dany14920
dany14920 Jun 6 2011, 9:10am says:

Hm, why's the file deleted?

SaintPapaJesus
SaintPapaJesus Jun 6 2011, 10:29am says:

It says the file is deleted?

leiste
leiste Jun 6 2011, 10:59am says:

Is 1900x1200 available as well? I guess I'll wait until 2.0.1 is up again

zivs
zivs Jun 6 2011, 12:03pm says:

Same here - file is deleted ... Oh well, can wait for a while :)

Jbachtell1
Jbachtell1 Jun 6 2011, 1:36pm says:

file is deleted it says. is there another place this can be downloaded at?

Fercyful
Fercyful Jun 6 2011, 2:07pm says:

sure he will upload it again, little of patience please

Narlyteeth
Narlyteeth Jun 6 2011, 2:27pm says:

the uploaded file got corrupt. I'm reuploading

Jesusfreak
Jesusfreak Jun 6 2011, 7:57pm says:

One-man team! Know thats impressive.

Fercyful
Fercyful Jun 6 2011, 9:11pm replied:

and 20 years old!! here with 36 can´t even build a Pac Man game haha

Narlyteeth
Narlyteeth Jun 7 2011, 2:19am says:

K new downloads approved! Jump in boys and girls!

DarkLiberator
DarkLiberator Jun 7 2011, 8:04am says:

The scope ironsight is way too bright in my opinion.

The graphics and the environments are top notch!

Narlyteeth
Narlyteeth Jun 7 2011, 5:04pm replied:

The scope should be at the same brightness as not scoping. It could be a bug, could you send a screenshot?

DIFTOW
DIFTOW Jun 7 2011, 4:26pm says: Online

If I can give you one suggestion, tone down the post-processing effects and bloom. It is way too much.

The bloom/exposure is way too high when looking through the gun scope, that I can't see anything.

The post-processing effects make the environment dizzy, blurry and distracting. Like the black around the edges of the screen.

Narlyteeth
Narlyteeth Jun 8 2011, 6:29pm says:

"The bloom/exposure is way too high when looking through the gun scope, that I can't see anything"

I think that's a glitch because the I saw screenshots from Phaaze and He had blown out bloom as well, and does not look like that when I ran it. I honestly don't know what's causing the issue.

It could be third party drivers or something, but I honestly don't know atm. Let me do some research on similar, commen udk issues.

DIFTOW
DIFTOW Jun 10 2011, 8:45pm replied: Online

If it helps, I'm using Windows 7 x64 w/ Nvidia GTX 580. Latest driver.

DarkLiberator
DarkLiberator Jun 9 2011, 1:28am says:

Better yet, I have a video of it.

Youtube.com

I have an AMD card if that helps you.

Steelspam76
Steelspam76 Jul 11 2011, 7:25am says:

BIG ERROR : The game's splash image comes up and the game instantly crashes for me. This is the error I get :

Couldn't launch ..\Win32\UE3ShaderCompileWorker.exe! Make sure the exe is in your binaries folder.

Address = 0x7668b727 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x5a4051 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Fps Terminator\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x74f44990 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll]
Address = 0x74f31069 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNEL32.dll]
Address = 0xf42d790 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll]
Address = 0x75145b (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\Fps Terminator\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

P.S.: I also tried installing it to my C:\ Drive but the same error came up.

Steelspam76
Steelspam76 Jul 16 2011, 3:42am says:

A group of friends of mine would love to play your game if it had co-op. Could this be a feature in any upcoming updates?

zivs
zivs Oct 16 2011, 8:35pm says:

It's almost five months around - still working on the Terminator project or some big company bought you and now you're slaving your *** off in triple A game creation? :)

deathburger_13
deathburger_13 Mar 28 2012, 8:10pm says:

Dear god this is visually Amazin, captures the 80's cut scene to a tee, Though having said that it's real shame about the gameplay. Those Terminator boyo's are WAY to hard to kill and the ai/navigation is up the left but for what it is, i'd say it best terminator game to date. Congrats if your still working on it keep up the good work.

Guest
Guest May 31 2013, 9:11pm says:

This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.

Guest
Guest Jun 5 2013, 11:02pm says:

This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.

Guest
Guest Jun 7 2013, 11:47pm replied:

This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.

cristhianfs
cristhianfs Nov 17 2013, 12:47pm says:

this was totally abandoned, too bad, it had real promise, but there's no new updates since 2011 :(

Guest
Guest Jan 10 2014, 5:32pm says:

This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.