Death Legacy is a roguelike, dungeon crawler, turn-based combat, roleplaying game, which try to approach to old-school dungeon crawlers, but offering a 3D graphic esthetics. One of its main features is the procedurally generated content (the entire dungeon, the items stats, the loot,...). The use of the senses will be decisive as you can find hidden secrets and your enemies using sight, and hearing. However, enemies will also use their senses to find you. Survival is another game mechanic. The player will suffer from hunger, thirst and tiredness, which will affect the players stats... or kill him.
Finally! The first Death Legacy released demo. We had so many things to do before we could upload a version of the game, so thank you for your patience. Please, read the demo notes below, so you understand how the game works:
1. We have built a setup for Death Legacy. So, you just have to execute it, install the game normally (as any other games), and then run DeathLegacy.exe.
2. On the first execution, the game will open a window like this one:
- This is the OGRE (our graphic engine) configuration window. Here, you must open the Rendering Subsystem menu and select Direct3D9 option.
- Then, you can configure other graphic options, such as the Fullscreen option or the display resolution of the game:
- **IMPORTANT**: The game only supports a 16:9 (aspect ratio) resolution, such as 1600x900. If you choose a 4:3 aspect ratio, the game will work, but models and textures will be deformed.
- That's it, press OK and the game will be launched. If you want to reconfigure any graphic option, just delete the ogre.cfg file inside the game installation directory, and then launch DeathLegacy.exe again.
3. We know that the game has bugs and errors:
· There is a bug in which an enemy may not take a decision during his turn, so the game will seem frozen. You can still press Esc and then Exit button to create a new game.
· Rarely (but it happens) the game can crash. If the game crashes, you can help us if you want to. We will tell you how soon.
4. **WARNING**: Some antivirus softwares (such as Avast) detect OGRE dll as a malware... We are sorry, we have tried it but we couldn't find any way of fixing it, it's isn't our code. If you have problems during the setup, you can mark the files as an exception or a false positive in your antivirus software and then click on retry.
If you have any additional problem, you can contact us here in indiedb or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.