Today I am happy to provide the third Developer Commentary Video for Corpses 'N Souls. In this video I will go into details regarding the work in progress gameplay which introduces some key concepts for the none combat gameplay. Main topics include Souls, Soul Locks, Omega Soul Form, Sacrificing and Crypts. The video will discuss and show these topics and some others not mentioned.
In this video I will begin to demonstrate some of the first set of none combat gameplay mechanics.
Please keep in mind the gameplay in the video linked in this article is a work in progress and will receive more revisions and passes before they are final and will most likely change over time.
The main gameplay topics I am going to cover and introduce are the following:
- How to break a Crypt Soul Seal. Note this is a unique mechanic/state normally Crypts will not be sealed or locked.
- The players Omega Soul form; this is a special skill.
- How to manipulate Souls extracted from Corpses.
- The different types of souls you can command and manipulate.
- What you can do with the Souls and what they are used for.
- What things you can do while in the Omega Soul Form; this is the white soul in the video.
- How to Sacrifice Souls and what the purpose is.
- How to unlock a Soul Lock; show how it usually leads to new areas in the game world.
- Crypt leveling system, explain the Soul and Corpses sacrifice level.
- RUNE word chants.
- How to capture a Crypt.
- Shows the Mini map and how it can dynamically change when you capture a crypt.
- Un earth a Soul Rooted chest in the ground.
Please make sure you select : * 1440p or 4K in YouTube *
It is recommended to watch the video in YouTube in at least the expanded [Theater Mode] or in [full screen] mode.
- How to break a Crypt Soul Seal. Note this is a unique mechanic/state normally Crypts will not be sealed or locked. Here we have a image of a Crypt Soul Seal, there are also other Seal types and locks that can be applied to Crypts or they can be unclaimed. In order to break this Seal you need to know the unlock blue print, the sequence, and the RUNE word to chant. Investing points in Seal hacking will make this task easier.
- The players Omega Soul form; this is a special skill that you unlock like in other ARPGs or Metroidvanias. Certain skills in the game will allow you to progress further in the game world and be vital for your progression.
- How to manipulate Souls extracted from Corpses. After you have killed a mob(enemy) you simply wait for the Soul to emerge from the body and then approach it and press your action button/key. Depending on your level and the Souls level and grade you may not be able to command it. Pressing the action button again commands the soul to stay, it is persistent in the game world.
- The different types of souls you can command and manipulate
[ Defensive ] - adds defensive and Force field skill for the player
[ Offense ] - adds skill Turret that turn Soul into Turret that attacks
[ Utility ] - constant SP buff that consumes the Souls SP points
- What you can do with the Souls and what they are used for. Souls can be used for certain purposes to help you in your adventures from defense, offense, and utility usages. Here we have a utility Soul and we have syphoned all of the SP points and the Soul has just collapsed and died.
- What things you can do while in the Omega Soul Form; this is the white Soul form in the video. Her we are in the Omega Soul form and the players body is suspended in the air. Beware if a enemy consumes your Omega Soul you will die. Like wise if something steals your suspended Corpse you may have to find a new host or die as well, more on both of these concepts in another article.
- How to Sacrifice Souls and what is the purpose of doing this action. Sacrificing Souls will level up your Crypts Soul points which will grant access to Soul gates and Soul locks. As well you will gain XP and items depending on the Souls levels and grade. Another main purpose is so that your Harvest Reever vessel gets a hard ccopy of the Soul you sacrificed so it can de code the SDNA of the soul. If enough code fragments are found it will unlock one of the keys to the universe which provides awesome power to any faction that can accomplish the task.
- How to unlock a Soul Lock; show how it usually leads to new areas in the game world. Once you have leveled up your Crypt that you have captured you simply go near the soul lock and the Souls will be banished and flee the highjack. Note there can be more complex Soul Locks that will require that you do more than just level your Crypt.
- Crypt leveling system, explain the Soul and Corpses sacrifice leveling. As you drag Corpses and Souls to the Crypt you will then sacrifice both which will level up your Crypt making it more powerful. As a result of leveling the Crypt(s) you are granted access to Soul or Blood gates and locks which will allow you to progress in the game world. More on both of these concepts in future articles.
- RUNE word chants are key word that unlock or are key to sacrifices or rituals, there are many powerful uses to these RUNE combinations. RUNE words are key to opening Crypt Soul Seals. Seal blue prints provide the sequence to a certain type of Seals and level ranges, more information on this concept in future articles.
- How to capture a Crypt
- Shows the Mini map and how it can dynamically change when you capture a crypt. Here we show two pictures of what the mini map looks like before a Crypt has been captured. As you can see the color changes for the Crypt feature in the mini map.
[ Not Captured ]
[ Captured ]
- Un earth a Soul Rooted Chest. Her we show the sequence of what it looks like to un earth a Soul rooted Chest. The Omega Soul controlled by the player will suck into the Chest and then shake it self and levitate the chest out of the ground. Once completed the loot is for the taking.
This concludes the first gameplay introduction for Corpses 'N Souls. The next video will introduce more gameplay which will include Corpse manipulation and Rituals as well as some other concepts. Be on the lookout for the second gameplay videos that will unveil more awesome none combat gameplay mechanics in the Corpses 'N Souls.
I hope you enjoy the video and new media of the none combat gameplay.