Beasts of Prey is a survival sandbox game. Danger lurks everywhere and will make your struggle for survival tough. Carnivorous beasts may be lying in wait behind every tree and waiting to make you their prey.
You are starting out without anything but your combat knife and you'll have to regain access to modern technologies through gathering resources, crafting items, building structures like houses, defenses, factories and by conquering and defending resource hotspots. You can build outposts & cities, conquer them - or destroy them. Whatever is on your agenda how you want to play in the sandbox.
Create an empire, forge alliances, defend or conquer valueable resource spots. All your actions have an impact in this dynamic growing game-world, your actions matter – you can help a fellow player who is attacked by dinosaurs, or use him for targeting practise, steal his belongings. But remember, it's a single sandbox, all your actions have a meaning and you have to face the consequences of what you are doing.
The game is heavily influenced by our community. Make suggestions on the the forums, give us your feedback! During the last 6 months (November 2014) the game received multiple make-overs, more than 17 major updates and over 50 smaller patches.
With this update we are adding cars to the game which you now can craft through gathering and assembling materials. The first vehicle is the Buggy N300, which is little off-road buggy that comes with 1 passenger seat. All servers have been wiped and gathering wood/stone has been made much easier. In addition the game engine has been updated to Unity 5.1 which now comes with full native Oculus Rift Support.
- Both server and client have been updated to Unity 5.1
- The client now supports the Oculus Rift DK2 and higher natively.
- Buggy N300 has been added to the game.
- You can now craft tires which is required to built a car.
- You can now craft engines (needed for vehicles).
- You can now craft the buggy chassie.
- Change to pickup ore from stones has been increased from 4% to 10%.
- The amount of stone gathered when picking up a rock has been tripled.
- The amount of wood gathered when picking up a woodlog has been tripled.
- XP for picking up stone has been doubled.
- All players will now spawn more or less in the same area. (Starter Area)
- UI Scaling is now dynamic.
- Fixed several bugs that have been reported through our forums.
In this patch we are introducing the Ankylosaurus. This dinosaur was previously created for the Stomping Land, we are happy about Vlad's involvement in...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.