Update 8: Merry Xmayhem & New Documentary
It's the Holiday Season! So fire up Interstellar Marines and dive into a very special, holiday-themed version of Mainline Winter with an all-new gamemode and some highly unusual Christmas surprises.
Update 8 also introduces our first version of stats and achievements. Kills now provide Training Points which build towards your Training Rank. Every 10th rank gives you a special Steam Achievement to wear proudly.
The Making of Interstellar Marines: Episode 1 - The First Update
This is the first documentary in a series our videographer, Jonas, will be making. It shows the good, and the bad, of working on a game such as Interstellar Marines. We hope you enjoy it.
A few days before Christmas and "most" of the team got together for a special celebration. 2013 has been nothing short of miraculous for us. It has been a wild, exhilarating and unforgettable ride, and none of it would have happened if it wasn't for you - the community.
Released: 18th of December 2013
- ADDED: Support for tracking Stats and Achievements.
- ADDED: Training Points (TP) gained for kills (other ways of gaining will be added later).
- ADDED: Training Ranks based on TP that unlocks achievements.
- ADDED: Merry Xmayhem surprise game mode (includes seasonal achievements - get them while you can!).
- ADDED: Training Point info to in-game UI.
- ADDED: SARA speak when Suit System is enabled/disabled.
- ADDED: Kill message area (no more kill messages in the chat).
- ADDED: Win/lose music to round end.
- ADDED: Jump and Land sounds.
- ADDED: Weapon aiming sounds.
- ADDED: SMG Xmas decoration.
- ADDED: T-IM101 gift/spawn/pain/idle/kill sounds.
- ADDED: Christmas hat to T-IM101.
- ADDED: T-IM101 (increased shoot damage and armor).
- UPDATED: Mainline Winter with xmas theme.
- UPDATED: Profile page in main menu with Training Points/Rank.
- UPDATED: Relevant UI with player Training Rank.
- UPDATED: All SARA sounds.
- UPDATED: Emissive strips always visible on teammates.
- FIXED: "Existing players won't be auto-assigned to teams on new rounds."
- FIXED: "Profile button not selected after clicking it."
- Names UI is capped at 8 players in Xmayhem game mode.
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks.
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds.
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect).
Keep the great feedback coming!
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software
For the love of the game
Merry christmas guys.
Well, having aliens: colonial marines is a wallpaper is bad sign...
"after that the sky is the limit" I guess you could finish the ground first. It's just, after a one kickstarter, after the site fund raise, after steam launch. The game didn't went far. It's the same boring thing. It's very cool to have such big ambitions but some mods on these website made by 1 person did better job. I like your videos, you are great with them but don't you think it's to soon for "making of"? Normally they are release when the product is at final stages and not at a pre-alpha prototype with same videos/assets that were used for years. I'll just forget about it on my steam library. I don't believe that you will be able to fulfill the "Vision of Interstellar Marines". Probably it will end up as generic multilayer shooter. And those are dozens out there
First off - I admire that you guys are working so hard on this and I REALLY hope you succeed. I purchased early access to help support you.
I do have a concern that I'm sure you have heard before. I have seen no updates on single player even though you make a point to describe it.
I have been following you for years and I see a video about you working on gun recoil and a single multiplayer map that appears to use the same models that you've had for awhile? I know this takes a long time but you should honestly be past that point.
I really do not mean to sound negative but I fear that this could become like Duke Nukem Forever and I really don't want to see that happen.
Nonetheless, I will keep watching and supporting you guys!