Get the current version now on discount in Early Access on Steam (PC, Max, Linux)
Version 0.2.0 comes in HOT! With a bunch of great new features, one of which is the Comets Event! Right now the comet event has a fairly big chance of happening in a game, this will be more balanced over time as there will be more events added, and I'm still finding the right balance between having events and no-events at all.
I've also added a dialog-system to the game, which comes with a bunch of tutorial like instructions and information text left and right.
And the game now has a continue/save game feature! It auto-saves between levels, but when you die, the save-game will be deleted (permadeath!) I might make it an option later on to toggle perma-death on and off, but for now you at least get to take a break on longer runs!
Besides those main things there's a bunch of other stuff added, fixed and tweaked, so for the full list check below. This also marks the first price-increase for Early Access.
Here's the weekly vlog going a bit more into the creation of these new features:
Full changes list:
- added: dialogs + tutorial instructions/explaining things that happen, with avatar (doc)
- added: first "Event" - Comets - has comets randomly dropping around the planet region
- added: a map screen
- added: continue/save game
- added: bigger hero avatars (used in hero-card and dialogs)
- added: changed XP-bar rendering (replaced text with visual bar)
- added: skill-levels to the players status-bar
- added: safe teleportation spots (require a "beam me up" card)
- added: new card: Teleporter
Fixes and tweaks:
- fixed: quick-teleport won't teleport if danger is gone (opponent died)
- fixed: some light/visible-area issues after doing a quick-teleport
- fixed: speed improvement on FOV calculations
- fixed: radar rendered slightly lower (not to overlap with card-deck counter)
- fixed: metal crate debris looks like acid
- fixed: improved burning-floor effects
- fixed: Cybergon now uneffected by it's own bombs
- fixed: door near bomb was still visible but not solid
- fixed: player-avatar in dialogs is the wrong one
- fixed: FIST disappeared at reshaper
- fixed: improvements to card-selection with mouse
- tweak: Martian was too strong for early levels, now shows up later in the game
- tweak: item-drop rate now includes specific-skills of player
- tweak: HP given by transporting to next level now depends on class (tech get's more, grimm get's less)