Today was mostly spent in meetings with several contractors. One I spent the most time with was the composer. She had made an impressive remastering of Soul Saga's theme song, but something wasn't sticking right with me. I think it's because I didn't really want to go with that nostalgic old school feeling anymore. There are a lot of other great indie RPGs that are bringing back the nostalgia factor more than Soul Saga is trying to do, and I felt like Soul Saga's theme song should represent something fresh instead. We talked about alternatives and we came up with something I think might end up pretty cool. We'll see how it goes. =)
I will continue to finish up the passive skills. I hope to have a working implementation by the end of the day. I've been taking passive skills slowly because I'm trying to implement code I will use for the long term.
Day 47 (2013/03/16 Sat) 8 hrs. Today ( 456 Total)
- Lots of code cleanup with the skills to make them more manageable.
- Started setting up the base code for buffs and passive skills.
- Game Design
- Did planning for more more active combat talents players will natively have on all characters (similar to shield).
- Project Management
- Communicated with animators regarding the project in attempt to get quotes.
- Had a very long meeting with composer and decided to take the Soul Saga theme song in a very different and surprising direction.
- Paid composer for her work so far.
- Did some accounting to make sure all expenses in the past few months have been accounted for.
- Public Relations
- Posted several replies on IndieDB.